Info required

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Just purchased 2020 1250gs te.
On the mode button it has rain road dynamic that's it.
Enter into settings on the tft it has dynamic pro and enduro pro (shaded) it won't highlight to enable . I am unable to tick these to give me this option .
I have read the manual.
Below the seat the red coding plug is not connected like before on my XR.
There is an plug with just a cap on it.
Am I in the correct menu to enable these options ?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info
Unfortunately the red plug never came with the bike.
I will enquire about it with the dealer
Thanks

I think you can only have three modes selected, don't you need to deselect one of the other modes in the TFT menu to be able to select one of the currently greyed out ones?
Mine is a 2021 1250 GSA TE, it doesn't have a red coded plug and I'm fairly sure I can select Dynamic Pro or Enduro Pro if I deselect one of the three already selected. Mine came with ECO, Rain, and Road selected, I had to deselect ECO to allow me to select (tick) Dynamic mode.

I think you can only have three modes selected, don't you need to deselect one of the other modes in the TFT menu to be able to select one of the currently greyed out ones?
Mine is a 2021 1250 GSA TE, it doesn't have a red coded plug and I'm fairly sure I can select Dynamic Pro or Enduro Pro if I deselect one of the three already selected. Mine came with ECO, Rain, and Road selected, I had to deselect ECO to allow me to select (tick) Dynamic mode.
Was that in vehicle settings ?
I went thru the whole menu
It didn't give mr the option to deselect any of the eco road rain dynamic as you say.
The dynamic pro and enduro pro were there buy shaded out .
In the mode button I can select rain road and dynamic mode
Nothing else
Cheers

Yes, it should be in the vehicle settings (but I'll go out and check how to do it when I get a second).

I know the basic R1250GS only comes with the basic settings which can't be changed, but I don't think this model comes with Dynamic mode (from what I remember of a discussion elsewhere in these forums).

The fact that yours is a TE, and that you can see the other modes (albeit greyed out) I would have thought they'd be changeable.

As I say, I'll check shortly and get back to you.

If its the TE and you don't have the plug then you want to asking the dealer to get one sharpish.
You have checked its not on the underside of the seat??

Joe the off it's gone.

I had a similar experience when I bought my 2020 TE. I contacted the dealer who supplied the plug and all's well.

I don't know if this is a fact, but the dealer did say that the plug was done away with on more recent models, so coding is is undertaken at dealerships at the first service to allow Pro modes.

Thanks for the offer.
Spoke to the dealers they said some models have done away with the code plug.
But couldn't understand why I could not enter into select the different modes and why the Dynamic pro and Enduro pro were shaded out .
I said the coding plug wasnt fitted or supplied with the bike.
They said it was not an issue and rectify when I am back in the road .
Too much salt on the road at the mo lol.
Thanks chaps

Think you had all the correct answers on the first 3 replies.

It needs the red plug.
Red plug is just a loop\short wire. Paper clip in socket where plug goes will do the same.

21models and later gs dont use red plug and its done in tft. Dealer doesnt activate them on 1st service they are there from new.

Surprised your dealer doesnt know that your year needs the red plug!. Think another thing that was added in 2021 was the eco mode. (Not that its much use, just a "green " idea.) .

Hopefully the dealer will sort it out thanks for the offer.

The red plug dongle is just a jumper clip, you'll get the same if you short across the contacts of the socket.

But, as said before, look under the seat, there's a storage place for it.

Attachments

• DSC03110.jpeg
    DSC03110.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 187
The red plug dongle is just a jumper clip, you'll get the same if you short across the contacts of the socket.

But, as said before, look under the seat, there's a storage place for it.
Checked that last week it's gone.
Not in manual folder.
Cheers

Plug - No plug

I think the plug under the seat disappeared on the 2021 model.

If the socket that it plugs into is there, then I suspect it is just the plug that is missing.

Back
Top Bottom