iPhone maps wont link to Smart pack

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Help please

My iPhone XR links to my headset okay but is there a way that I can get maps to give directions through the headset ?

I've just bought an HD RKS and the navigation would be helpful

I'm a complete technophobe and baffled.

Which maps (Apple maps? Google maps? Some other maps?) are you trying to use?

If I connect my iPhone to my Apple AirPods and fire up Apple maps or Google maps (or any other map that carries voice instructions) the turn by turn instructions come straight into my ears, via the AirPods. Similarly, if I am in say, Apple maps and playing music and (for example) have a route running in Apple maps as well, when a turn instruction comes in, the music reduces in volume and the voice of the turn instruction comes in. Likewise, the same happens in Google maps.

It might help if you gave details as to the headset you are using, please.

Are you routing your phone through something else in order to get it into your headset?

Can you hear music and / or telephone calls from you phone through your headset?

Hi Wapping

I've tried with Google or Maps on the iPhone but I'm using a Cardo Smartpack headset and it doesn't seem to want o talk to it.

As I say, it's probably me missing something.

The phone goes direct to the headset

Calling all Cardo Smartpack owners.... Call on line one.

Can you hear music or phone calls thro' the Cardo? In other words, is it just voice instructions from the map app's that you can't hear?

Can you hear the map's voice instructions through the phone if it's NOT connected to the Cardo?

I assume that you are actually running a route on the phone's map app?

Good point

Yes the phone calls work but nothing else seems to link at all.

Will give it another go later

Cheers

Well whatever I’ve found, it is now working!

Thanks for your help 👍

Back
Top Bottom