I Have Taken the Plunge

Notice that online, Via Moto Sheffield are advertising the V85 Travel. For £12,500! They’ve clearly put their prices up. Who the hell would pay £2,600 more than available elsewhere!

Notice that online, Via Moto Sheffield are advertising the V85 Travel. For £12,500! They’ve clearly put their prices up. Who the hell would pay £2,600 more than available elsewhere!
I asked them about that. Apparently it has most of the accessories on it and because of this this they don’t have to have them on display separately, which Piaggio/MG normally require. It’s a rolling display model. I guess the high price is to deter people from wanting to buy it. Sounds odd but that’s the story.
I noticed some of the very cheap Travel models are the 1st gen too.

I asked them about that. Apparently it has most of the accessories on it and because of this this they don’t have to have them on display separately, which Piaggio/MG normally require. It’s a rolling display model. I guess the high price is to deter people from wanting to buy it. Sounds odd but that’s the story.
I noticed some of the very cheap Travel models are the 1st gen too.
The Travel has the accessories as standard fit anyway which is why it represents a good deal. Doesn’t look like the Vis Moto deal has anything else fitted such as engine bars, centre stand or the Capo Nord mudguard, all of which I would want. They add up to about £350 total.

Not sure I buy the display model but. No dealer ever does anything that might deter a potential sale!

The Colchester bikes are the later model BTW but I’m sure some other dealers are still selling off the old ones.

That’s what I was told. If you look at their website prices vary on the same bike, also they have different prices on Autotrader.
The dealers doing the best prices have to register the bikes before 1st March. Maybe the higher prices are for the 22 plate ones.
At least the pre reg ones are registered to the buyer, rather than pre reg to the dealer, making the buyer the 2nd owner on the V5.

That’s what I was told. If you look at their website prices vary on the same bike, also they have different prices on Autotrader.
The dealers doing the best prices have to register the bikes before 1st March. Maybe the higher prices are for the 22 plate ones.
At least the pre reg ones are registered to the buyer, rather than pre reg to the dealer, making the buyer the 2nd owner on the V5.

I suspect that’s correct. I’m sure there are differences between the 2021 and 2022 models. But I’ve not checked. Certainly the one I’ve bought has tubeless tyres which is a real plus I reckon.

I suspect that’s correct. I’m sure there are differences between the 2021 and 2022 models. But I’ve not checked. Certainly the one I’ve bought has tubeless tyres which is a real plus I reckon.

Tubeless tyre models are Euro 5, they also have better mapping and the gear change indicator is visible at all times, it used to disappear when you pulled the clutch on the Euro 4 models. The exhaust is also somewhat different, the down-pipes and CAT are all one piece and the sensors are also much higher up on the down-pipe. I suspect this was done to discourage folks from ditching the CAT simply by fitting a Y piece.

Yes, two extra maps, and a tad more mid range supposedly. The 22 models came out in late 21 I believe.

Yes, two extra maps, and a tad more mid range supposedly. The 22 models came out in late 21 I believe.

Yes that is true. Mine (which started this thread) is a 22 Model but will be on a 71 plate to be registered on 24.2.22. Has tubeless, Euro 5, lamba are at the head end as stated and 5 ride modes... more than enough :)

Im sure the 21/22 models are the same, this sums it up well, although I don’t think the 100year Anni model had been announced at this point.

https://rustsports.com/moto-guzzi-update-the-v85tt-for-2021/

Thanks Akulaking. Sorry I think I had in mind the difference between the 2020/21 models. And you link describes that well. I note from one website that there are certainly new paint jobs for 22 but I'm not aware of anything else changing.

It’s a bit confusing to be honest, I’ve read the Anniversary model would only be available for 2021, yet it’s still in the dealers now, and it’s a special edition not limited, so nothing to stop them churning more out. (It wasn’t mentioned in the link either).
I think if we stick to calling them Gen one, the first model, and Gen two, the newer model (tubeless/more maps etc), we’ll know where we stand!

Yes I am, done about 3000 miles now, first service long gone and the warning lights on the rev counter have disappeared. Fitted a centre stand and heated grips (into the main MG loom) using the installed switch and going to fit my aux lights again using the existing loom and buttons. Metal Mule have made the pannier frames for me so i will collect those next week. No issues so far, about 60mpg, fitted a cool cover about month ago as well which helps in the present temp. All in all a very good bike, love the colour and its almost a like for like match for my older and taller R1150GSA

Yes I am, done about 3000 miles now, first service long gone and the warning lights on the rev counter have disappeared. Fitted a centre stand and heated grips (into the main MG loom) using the installed switch and going to fit my aux lights again using the existing loom and buttons. Metal Mule have made the pannier frames for me so i will collect those next week. No issues so far, about 60mpg, fitted a cool cover about month ago as well which helps in the present temp. All in all a very good bike, love the colour and its almost a like for like match for my older and taller R1150GSA

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom