I Have Taken the Plunge

tyclyd

Gary
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a few weeks of looking and months of 'umming' and 'erring' I am now the owner of a a Moto Guzzi V85TT in yellow (Giammo Mojave). Few good deals out there at the moment with new bikes on a 71 plate at £9300 - £9600 all 2022 models with tubeless, Euro 5 and 5 riding modes. Not much room for haggling but i got over £4000 for my XT660Z - will let you know how i get on. R1150GSA still staying firmly put however.

Attachments

• 05-V85_TT_2021_Giallo_Mojave-scaled.jpg
    05-V85_TT_2021_Giallo_Mojave-scaled.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 790
Good man! Congratulations on the new bike!
Wishing you health to enjoy
Please keep me posted as to how you get on with it.
Kind regards,
Mick

After a few weeks of looking and months of 'umming' and 'erring' I am now the owner of a a Moto Guzzi V85TT in yellow (Giammo Mojave). Few good deals out there at the moment with new bikes on a 71 plate at £9300 - £9600 all 2022 models with tubeless, Euro 5 and 5 riding modes. Not much room for haggling but i got over £4000 for my XT660Z - will let you know how i get on. R1150GSA still staying firmly put however.

Which dealer is doing good deals?

Excellent - congratulations on the new bike.....still loving mine! :beerjug:

Excellent . Lovely bike .
Good to see you have , taken the plunge, bit the bullet and pulled the trigger .:)

Health to enjoy :)

I really do like that, good luck with it!

I’ve been looking at these more and more lately. I must organise a test ride in the not to distant future.

Enjoy your new bike and please let us all know how you get on with it. Oh, and photos please.

Nice one, congrats!
Hope to hear about your exploits (and see pics).

Didn't A&D in Denbigh offer any good deals?

I visited Jim Allan's in Falkirk at the weekend to look at one of these. They had a Centenario and a matt black but no demo till mid March so will be back then. I liked it a lot except for the switchgear which is made from Mozzarella.
Interested to hear how you get on with it.

Via Moto Sheffield had black and 100Yr Anniversary models £9500 and Colchester Kawasaki have one red one at £9699 (I took the yellow one :) )

Got mine from Via Moto, found that on Guzzi they consistently offer some of the keenest deals around.

Good choice, a cracking bike and Great VFM. Don't know why some folk knock the switch gear, it's absolutely fine.

Via Moto Sheffield had black and 100Yr Anniversary models £9500 and Colchester Kawasaki have one red one at £9699 (I took the yellow one :) )
I’ve just bought the last Centenario from Via Moto, this morning. Happy days.

It certainly is a handsome bike and hopefully they have not meddled too much and the engine has retained all the character associated with a big V and has not been refined to death and made soft...

It certainly is a handsome bike and hopefully they have not meddled too much and the engine has retained all the character associated with a big V and has not been refined to death and made soft...
Trouble is to meet the Euro requirements it has certainly had tweaks that have refined and changed the character a little. I’m no Guzzi expert, the only other one I’ve owned was a 4 valve Griso, (apart from a Falcone but that’s a different kettle of fish.) I test rode a V85TT last week and bought one today. Lots of character and individuality in my opinion. Having read/watched just about everything going on the web, it seems most people rate it highly. Biggest gripe seems to be BHP related, but it has enough real world power to satisfy most people, maybe when fully loaded, two up it might have to work a bit harder, but hey, it’s a ‘mid size adventure bike’ not a full blown one.
I’ve had 1190/1290 KTM adventure bikes with literally twice the power, but no more rewarding to ride.

The Centenario.

Attachments

• 75348ABD-8907-4B71-B22F-C87ED09A782E.jpg
    75348ABD-8907-4B71-B22F-C87ED09A782E.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 327
Trouble is to meet the Euro requirements it has certainly had tweaks that have refined and changed the character a little. I’m no Guzzi expert, the only other one I’ve owned was a 4 valve Griso, (apart from a Falcone but that’s a different kettle of fish.) I test rode a V85TT last week and bought one today. Lots of character and individuality in my opinion. Having read/watched just about everything going on the web, it seems most people rate it highly. Biggest gripe seems to be BHP related, but it has enough real world power to satisfy most people, maybe when fully loaded, two up it might have to work a bit harder, but hey, it’s a ‘mid size adventure bike’ not a full blown one.
I’ve had 1190/1290 KTM adventure bikes with literally twice the power, but no more rewarding to ride.

The Centenario.

Great choice IMG_0582.jpg
And great value

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got mine from Via Moto, found that on Guzzi they consistently offer some of the keenest deals around.

lets hope their back-up , is good too.

when i was an MG dealer , the pile them high, sell them cheap , whilst popular for purchasing .....was not where punters went when things went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom