K1600 2022 model - Mounting a GPS device (and on other bikes)

Wapping

Reaction score
I like GPS devices, not least because:

A. I understand them and find them reliable.

B. I do not want to be solely dependent on my phone to serve as a phone AND a GPS device, for the simple fear that I might drop it and smash the screen, leaving me roundly fecked.

C. I like the flexibility that using a TFT screen and / or a GPS device offers, not least whilst I get my head around the screen and using BMW’s Connect app.

The 1600 is not the easiest bike to fit a GPS device to. Of course this was not a problem with the models prior to 2022, as the device lived quite happily in its housing on the dashboard. The 2022 bike with its big TFT screen, dispenses with the GPS housing, so some other method is required.

Following some digging around on the internet, I found a Dutch company (who were really helpful when I had a question) who offer a really nicely finished mount. It arrived this morning, about a week after I ordered it. Good service, great product. Recommended.

http://www.bikepenr.nl/English.htm

Had a look at the website, not particularly obvious where it fits. Can you post a pick once fitted

Had a look at the website, not particularly obvious where it fits. Can you post a pick once fitted

It fits in place of the BMW logo between the bars. I seem to recall telferizer did something similar, to provide a RAM mount in the same location.

Anyway there is a pic on the link - just page down to K16 in the list & click on the icon.

Thanks . Just enquired about one of there mounts for my Harley.

Back
Top Bottom