K1600 GTSE Insurance

roadchefbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just Been Quoted 1300 quid to insure the k from Bennetts so I think I wont be buying one

Have you tried BMW’s own insurance scheme, run by Devitt? My K1600 was surprisingly cheap to insure but then again, I am old and live in leafy Essex.

If it’s a new bike, north of £20,000 it may well not be cheap. That is not peculiar to the 1600, as some with the fully kitted 1250’s are finding. It was ‘easier’ for me to insure a Porsche GT4, sitting on the road in London E1, than it was to insure my new at the time 2017 1600 GT, garaged at home in London E1.

As ChasMill says, try BMW - Mine was well priced year 1 (garaged, full no claims etc)

IIRC, the dealer provided an intro reference, but that may have changed.

k1600 insurance.

just been quoted just under £500 from bennets,
usual ,full no claims etc etc tracker ,fort knox everything,garaged,own coming up to its 3 year life 7.5k miles.
paid £550 last year,(bham)
i honestley give up with them all.:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

I had my K1600 insured with Bemoto, pretty sure I only paid just over £300 fully comp, NCD protection, legal protection, etc. I fear some insurance companies are trying it on.

I’ve just been told that LV are pulling out of the bike insurance market, as are Aviva. Makes me wonder why ?

Have you tried NFU?
No point telling you what I paid but the fact is they still do bikes.
This years Rider policy includes the caveat of a maximum of 3000cc - assume that's one bike and not the cumulative!

Back
Top Bottom