OSMand - Off-road etc

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well now I'm totally invested in the cradle I've had to sort an app out for off road riding as the Tom Tom powered bmw app doesn't support off road routing or even tracks. I started with the pocket earth app which i liked but is more suited to handheld use as the screen display is pretty small and hard to read while riding. So purely by accident I came across OSMand and it has been awesome. The screen is bright and easy to read, you can set profiles for different disciplines, it will actually follow tracks and give you voice instructions to keep on it. If you drift off the track it doesn't reroute the track just directs you back to it. Used it today to follow some gpx files i'd uploaded to my phone and it was perfect. It has auto zoom which is good on the road but not so much off road, so i disabled that.
You can't control it via the wheel but the screen icons are large and super easy to adjust. There are a lot of settings to go through but by the end of the day I had it sussed, so if you are using the connect cradle off road this is the app to go for IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom