Gs or gsa?

niccapotamus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had 2 gsa bikes, first an 05 plate then an 07.

Most comfortable wonderful bike ever.

Then I had back surgery so sold about 5 years ago.

Now looking again. I have slightly dodgy knees.

Question. Is the gs the same riding position as the gsa, or slightly more compact?

Ta muchly

I guess yes but as you’ll know , more weather protection from a GSA and more suspension travel .
Other than the GSA tank being wider , the dimensions are the same re the GS
Your 07 is air cooled vintage and anything newer than 2013 will be water cooled and smoother and as time goes on, the gearbox gets better, BUT the prices have gone bonkers since 2007
Is the 2022 bike ‘bonkers better’? I suggest not.

GS every time. GSA is fine for the clinically obese.

I’ve had a GS and now own a GSA. Both superb. It’ll partly depend on your height/size, I’m 5 foot 11 and 13stone 5 ish, so either bike was good for me but I love the tank range and less time spent in filling stations that the GSA provides.

If the extra range will be a continually useful feature, GSA. If it'll only be a few times a year save yourself a few quid and buy the GS and fill up a bit more often.

That's the question i asked myself when buying a GS this year, and was deciding between the 2.

My 2020 1250 GS is the low chassis/suspension model which lowers the 'riding position'

You could consider this option

I too have a factory lowered GS 1250, so with your dodgy knee a GS sounds more suitable as even the standard GS is lower than a GSA (IIRC the lowered GSA is the same height as the standard GS). Best advice really is to go test ride both and decide which suits you best. You can also get higher and lower seats which change the riding position if the standard one doesn't suit your needs so together with the factory lowered option there should be a combo to suit yiur needs.

Thanks folks. Sorry I wasn’t clear. My dodgy knees mean I need a nice open riding position, if you know what I mean, so no more bend in the knee than the gsa

Back
Top Bottom