Warranty

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi lads,
Extended warranty. Worth it or not ?

is it unreliable ? have things gone wrong ? ( finish falling off of the end of the brake/clutch lever doesn't count ) has the paint fallen of cos you washed it ?

take the money , hide it away , every year , see what you have, when you sell/crash/pawn it.

I would not bother…..

Long list of exclusions

Most things can be sorted by an Indie..

Ok thanks. I won't bother.

HD probably won’t honour it anyway, as above, I’d move away from shitty HD dealerships and use an Indy asap.

I’d stick a couple of grand to one side, that will cover most major issues should you be unlucky like I was.

Or, when it breaks, feck it off and move on :green gri:D:D:D

Sadly I am still wanting a cruiser type bike, but can’t find anything that floats my boat that isn’t a Harley, however, I have vowed I will never own another, so the search continues.

I would not bother…..

Long list of exclusions

Most things can be sorted by an Indie..

Ok thanks. I won't bother.

It's a Harley it will be fine. Although I do need some European cover for it as it doesn't come with my policy.

Edit. Just in case.;)

HD probably won’t honour it anyway, as above, I’d move away from shitty HD dealerships and use an Indy asap.

I’d stick a couple of grand to one side, that will cover most major issues should you be unlucky like I was.

Sadly I am still wanting a cruiser type bike, but can’t find anything that floats my boat that isn’t a Harley, however, I have vowed I will never own another, so the search continues.

Indian? :nenau

They are reputed to be as bad or worse than HD :blast, plus the bikes just don’t look right (although the scout can look bang on if you’re a skinny short arse, which obviously I’m only failing on the height issue :augie:augie).

At some point I fear I’ll end up building a cholo style bagger out of an old Roadking :hide

They are reputed to be as bad or worse than HD :blast, plus the bikes just don’t look right (although the scout can look bang on if you’re a skinny short arse, which obviously I’m only failing on the height issue :augie:augie).

At some point I fear I’ll end up building a cholo style bagger out of an old Roadking :hide

Oh I don't know....I think some of their models are quite nice. Saying that if I HAD to choose one it would be the Challenger Dark Horse not the Springfield (pictured) Having ridden both, the Challenger has the better engine by a long way.

Attachments

• indian springfield dh.jpg
    indian springfield dh.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 227
I’ve owned an Indian Chief Dark Horse for almost 7 years, the bike has been faultless in my ownership. They are simple and cheap to self service and do everything better than the equivalent HD. I ran the Indian for over a year alongside the HD and it was the HD that got moved on.

I also had a Roadmaster for a while, again it was better than the HD Ultra I had hired on a holiday. Unemployment forced the sale of that one.

Reliability issues are a bit like reports on here ref BMWs as in only the bad stuff gets commented on never the good.

Have a look at the Indian forum, there are guys there stateside who have put huge mileages 3-5 100k with no issues.

No doubt HDs will hold their value better, but there are very few Indians that come up on the private market so difficult to tell, most get traded up at the dealers and most dealers have a lot of HDs on the floor too as they have been traded for Indians.

Oh I don't know....I think some of their models are quite nice. Saying that if I HAD to choose one it would be the Challenger Dark Horse not the Springfield (pictured) Having ridden both, the Challenger has the better engine by a long way.

Agreed.
The Challenger is utterly brilliant.
I’d take one over a Road Glide any day.
Just rented one in the USA and it was fabulous.
All day comfy and superb handling, totally defying the looks.Cracking 120bhp motor too.

85a9055ab0a52636d647ca7e392230bc.jpg

Not really my styling though and don’t need such humongous speakers in the fairing as play music through helmet anyway and felt a twat when I inadvertently put music through them .Only half volume but still VERY loud.

Kawasaki vaquero ? Looks jus like a road glide but with Japanese reliability..👍

Kawasaki vaquero ? Looks jus like a road glide but with Japanese reliability..��

Can you buy them in the UK?:nenau As far as I know the closest you'll get is a few years old VN model, the fore runner of the Vaquero.

I had a VN1600 Vulcan Classic off Will of this parish years ago.....

Back
Top Bottom