Toll Stickers - Avoid by country

Status
Not open for further replies.

red1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If I simply enter Basle and Zermatt as waypoints, with Switzerland as an avoidance for Toll Stickers, will the XT route me off the motorways or literally try to avoid Switzerland altogether?

So I thought, stop being a lazy twat and try it for yourself!!
Yes, it does find a route off the motorways!
Which is good, but if crossing Switzerland is only a small part of the route, how can you use that function of its not available on any of the route mapping software?

The Zumo will avoid tolls by country that you set when it calculates the route after you send it to the device. This is in the settings - you’ve probably found this already 👍

So I thought, stop being a lazy twat and try it for yourself!!
Yes, it does find a route off the motorways!
Which is good, but if crossing Switzerland is only a small part of the route, how can you use that function of its not available on any of the route mapping software?

try splitting the route into segments you ungrateful turd

you have now used your free allocation of insults. Please send me £50 should you wish to continue

You can set the device - and other devices - to avoid (in a bespoke manner) specific roads, which you chose. You are even able to set it to avoid specific areas. Play around and report back.... you are doing OK so far and it's a good way to learn.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/web...UID-350A01FB-E11E-4851-8A93-F3DD7DA2862D.html

Lots more available on this topic through the wonder that is Google. Try the 'Just three words' challenge: garmin xt avoidances

Look forward to receiving it.

This video (it’s a different device) should show you how.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-h1c67d1uc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or you could just plot / create the route yourself. That way you’d avoid the hassle of having to set the bespoke areas of avoidance yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom