Top box rack for k1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi does anybody have a top box rack for a 21 plate k1600

Assuming you have a GTL or GA, then my choice would be a Wunderlich, but they don't come cheap (BTW your profile says R1250GS?)

https://www.nippynormans.com/k1600g...ch-top-box-rack-black-k1600gtgtlgrand-america

Others prefer the Isotta & some even use an HD Electraglide tour pack rack, which is cheaper & way more available.

Used racks appear only rarely, as the box will have been drilled to accept the fixings, so they tend to get sold on with the bike - have you tried the K1600 forum, UK riders section?

Yes I’ve seen your reply but I’m asking does anybody have one I’ve seen nippy Norman’s but I’m asking for second hand by a miracle.Wunderlich products are expensive but you pay for quality and if that’s the case I’ll buy one off there

I've got an Isotta rack, never been fitted, so not a used option I'm afraid. There was a post on the RT facebook page last week, showing the Wuderlich rack on the top box and it had rusted around the welds quite badly. Might have been a one off though.

Just looked that rack fits the k1600 top box not the grand america box

UKGSer is a predominantly GS centric place. Would you not be better off enquiring via a dedicated 1600 forum (I’d guess there’d be more secondhand parts there) or a hunt on eBay?

Thanks for your kind reply do you leave a post to everyone who might of got it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom