The route recalculation speed of phones and MRA (MyRouteApp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffmeister

I think I'm a Guzzista now
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is the speed on the phone down to the us of Assisted GPS on mobiles rather than traditional GPS on standalone Nav devices, not to mention that these days most phones have more computing power than NASA had to put men on the moon, or shuttles into orbit. The phone will be soliciting help from Assistance servers / Phone towers and the like. The raw processing power of a modern phone will make even a flagship (so to speak) Nav product like an XT seem pedestrian at times. My only concern would be having that one device for comms and navigation, and then having a RUD after dropping it :)

When I get back to riding, I think I will look out for a second decent spec phone and hopefully the supply of the connected cradle will be better by then to, it certainly seems to be the way forward and MRA has been a brilliant tool to use, especially on my Surface book laptop with Surface pen and my iPad Pro and the Apple pencil thingy.

Moved from a thread about the BMW Connected app

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a free app, one time payment or subscription?

RUD = Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly

Rapid = Fast, speedy, not slow.

Unscheduled = Not anticipated, not in the diary, unexpected.

Disassembly = The opposite of putting something together, rendering up a load of bits that do not function, often on the ground.

HTH, as some of them say.

I am always helpful.

Anyway, back to the opening post. Why are apps on phones, so much faster at recalculations of routes than dedicated GPS devices?

I am always helpful.

Anyway, back to the opening post. Why are apps on phones, so much faster at recalculations of routes than dedicated GPS devices?

processors. simples innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom