Knox Handroid Mk4 Pod

MartinK

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Chaps

Thinking of splashing some cash on a new pair of gloves. Looking for a top quality pair of gloves for warmer months. I also want to wear them with my Enduroguard jacket, so under-cuff rather than gauntlet style...

So, Know Handroid Mk4 seem a great option???

Anyone using them? Keen to gather some experiences/comments please??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oOhrdvQYWXk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

I bought some earlier Knox Handroid’s at the London Bike Show in 2012. Still got them. Still love them. Never had an issue and super comfortable.

I have/had some Knox Nexos gloves for the past year or so, and they were ok. A comfortable glove to some extent, but the internal stitching on the fingers (especially the tips) would start to give me blisters & make the glove uncomfortable to use. The exterior stitching also started to loosen after about 12 months too. So not overall happy with the build quality of these - not sure what the quality is like on the rest of their gear as this is my only interaction with them.

I've have some Klim Induction gloves on order, as they look to be well vented and with external stitching comfortable to wear also. If they fit like their Adventure GTX gloves, they should be a good fit.

Good luck getting the Knox gloves under your sleeves - a bit bulky if i remember correctly.

For a proper under sleeve glove, look no further than the Revit Cayenne 2. Mine are a few years old and are still perfect.

The Sand 4 glove looks good too.

Hmmm some varied views and experiences here - I expected more glowing reviews for such a high-end pair of gloves... I may have to re-think. Thanks fellas :beerjug:

Hi

I got my first pair around 2010/11 I think. They were so comfy I used them on the police bike. Obviously 10 hours plus wear per day and I found them excellent. When they wore out I got another pair, which I’m still using.

With handlebar muffs, I use these all year round. In summer use, the obvious downside is they’re not waterproof beyond a light shower.

I’ve never been a gloves under my jacket type, so this has never been an issue.

Bill

I don’t like em.

The exoskeleton bit on the outside doesn’t suit how I ride.

I often pul the clutch in with 2 fingers, with the other 2 still wrapped around the handlebar.

The outside finger bits are so bulky I can’t feel the lever on the back of the glove or pull it far enough in for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Sansom Police Motorcycle Summer gloves

Looking for a top quality pair of gloves for warmer months. I also want to wear them with my Enduroguard jacket, so under-cuff rather than gauntlet style

Brian Sansom's BKS not only makes leathers but also gloves, including a summer pair for under the cuff: BKS Summer Glove. Considering the exceptional quality of their leathers, I imagine their gloves are as good as it gets.

Motolegends said:
It is, in our view, perhaps the most highly engineered and protective, summer, road glove you will ever see. It also happens to be incredibly comfortable and easy to wear.

Thanks RedRick - I'm going to the shop that sells them next week and see ... Quite fancy them :)

Thanks RedRick - I'm going to the shop that sells them next week and see ... Quite fancy them :)

I have some that I wore once and then changed bikes to a Harley so I don't use them.

I was going to sell them so if you're interested drop me a pm and I'll send you piccies and sizing.

Brian Sansom's BKS not only makes leathers but also gloves, including a summer pair for under the cuff: .

Wrong, he no longer makes gloves but imports gloves to his speck. He told me. Used to charge almost £350 for a pair.
Check out HELD TITAN EVO GLOVES. Had a pair for 11 years, I got the first generation still have them, amazing glove. They do now HELD TITAN EVO GLOVES RR at mental price and a short version of the same glove Held SR-X Sports Glove .

https://www.mcgearhub.com/motorcycle-gloves/held-titan-evo-gloves-review-racing-epicness/

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_rev/234929

The Boa closure system with the wheel on the back of your wrist is not conducive to wearing under jacket cuffs. I had some of a different variant but sold them on.

Tried mine with both my Rukka Textiles and My ruck leathers and it seemed fine

I suppose it depends

Yep. On my Klim the twist wheel got well and truly in the way, and the cuff would keep running into it when you bent your arm.

Well I have done 3000+ miles in my Knox Handroid Pod gloves (UK, Spain, Portugal). Best gloves I ever had. Lovely leather. They've moulded to my hand, and are now super comfy, whilst feeling tough enough for plenty of protection. 100% recommend :okay

Back
Top Bottom