Shakey unsupervised USA

Good for you, it sounds amazing and I am sure you will have some great memories to bring back.

And make sure you keep on the right side of the law. :D:D:D

Attachments

• Cop.jpeg
    Cop.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 495
awesome, congrats on retirement, enjoy your well deserved trip.

Enjoy the trip - sounds amazing and certainly well-earned.

Put a big Union Flag sticker on the back of your top box - saved my group from a speeding ticket! (Highway Patrol came screaming up behind us, got within 50 yards and just turned around. I guess the UK flag put him off - all that paperwork of foreign licences etc. Lazy Police, eh?)

Oh, and drive on the wrong side of the road.....

Sounds brilliant. I will be watching.

I'm in on this one and looking forward to following your adventures.

Welcome to the club :bobby. Its to be recommended.

As teapot One says 'Live your life'

A spot of bother in Tennessee

Ok, So i made it about 1200 miles into the trip and I have broken my bike. Lots of noise from the gearbox and leaking gearbox oil, stiff gear changes and lots of clunks and grinds. (You can tell I’m not a mechanic) engine still running sweet.

I limped the bike to a small town called Alcoa just outside Knoxville (a kind Beemer rider suggested that its the only town with a BMW dealer) They are closed on a Monday so I am hoping that there is enough life left in the bike to get me there in the morning.

Ok, So i made it about 1200 miles into the trip and I have broken my bike. Lots of noise from the gearbox and leaking gearbox oil, stiff gear changes and lots of clunks and grinds. (You can tell I’m not a mechanic) engine still running sweet.

I limped the bike to a small town called Alcoa just outside Knoxville (a kind Beemer rider suggested that its the only town with a BMW dealer) They are closed on a Monday so I am hoping that there is enough life left in the bike to get me there in the morning.

Get Mikey to get one fedexed over, prolly cheaper than a main dealer fix ;)

Good luck in getting it sorted,it'll be interesting to hear what the problem was.

Kimbo

I know it’s not the same as riding your own specially prepped bike but my bike disaster plan when I’ve done time limited but long trips is:
Rent or buy another bike while the broken one is being fixed. You may have to also change return plans and/or alter your route. Arrange for the repaired bike to be delivered to a rendezvous somewhere on your route or return to the workshop after a week or two when it’ll be fixed.

If irreparable in the time you have or stupidly expensive, put the broken bike in a van or pickup you have bought or rented and continue your trip. Ship the bust bike home and get it recovered from the uk airport.

I hope it’s an easy fix and only changes your plans slightly. Whatever, this will be what you dine out on, not the rest of the trip. 👍

Shakey

I have a pal in a place called Townsend TN if you need any help. He's really good and will be cheaper than BMW.

Back
Top Bottom