Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Shakey unsupervised USA

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    The new Tourance's that are Chinese made seem to be a little softer than the previous generation. As you said, you are riding mile after mile of straight highway and carrying a fair weight. 7k is alright. What did you have fitted at Cycle Gear?
    The tyre is a Heidenau. Not a make i have ever heard of

How’s it going ? When are you flying home ?
    Bloody shame about the weather . Hope it improved down the west coast .

Quote Originally Posted by shakey View Post
    Heidenau are a well knownin the US - Ryan F9 raves about them

Dream Maker
    Great tyres and my tyre of choice for long haul stuff.
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Dream Maker
    You have to remember much of North West USA is at a fair old altitude with most being over 4000ft and some of it up to 8000ft. They get snow for most of the year but it's generally pretty fine between mid May and September but after those times it can be very hit and miss.

We ride a lot of those roads on some of the trips I do and they are superb......in the warm and dry!!
    www.unchainedtours.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    You have to remember much of North West USA is at a fair old altitude with most being over 4000ft and some of it up to 8000ft. They get snow for most of the year but it's generally pretty fine between mid May and September but after those times it can be very hit and miss.

We ride a lot of those roads on some of the trips I do and they are superb......in the warm and dry!!
    The finest roads I've had the pleasure of riding with some of the nicest people I've ever met on the best motorbike trip of my life.
    I will be eternally grateful for the experience Chris.

Enjoy the rest of your trip Shakey, stay safe.

Just caught up with Ep 10. Bugger that weather! Credit to you for cracking on. Looking forward to Ep11

Quote Originally Posted by Dipperd View Post
    Just caught up with Ep 10. Bugger that weather! Credit to you for cracking on. Looking forward to Ep11
    It already is...

Quote Originally Posted by crumbles View Post
    It already is...
    I meant 12

Watching latest episode.
    Great, as always !
    Made I larf…..

“I’ve just had a great ham and cheese omelette for breakfast in this town.Fabulous but don’t know what the town is called”

Shakey, look behind you !!!! :-)

Dream Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Watching latest episode.
    Great, as always !
    Made I larf…..

“I’ve just had a great ham and cheese omelette for breakfast in this town.Fabulous but don’t know what the town is called”

Shakey, look behind you !!!! :-)

]
    I've eaten at that cafe and had a pesto omelette. Now bear in mind that Humbolt county is infamous for growing dope, I had to double check it was pesto............:-)
    www.unchainedtours.com

You missed one ,Shakey !
    Get back to Colorado !

Last Episode just posted

Got home on Wednesday and slept for two days. Hadn’t realised just how exhausted i was.

It’s been an adventure that i will talk about for years to come but never something that i will attempt again. If you are planning a similar trip do not try and do it solo, it was the biggest mistake i made.

I am definitely going back to do some of these roads again and hit the ones that i missed but it will be done very differently and when the changes that covid has made to the country have eased off and things returned to something like what they were when i first decided to do this.

I hope that you have enjoyed the vlog, putting them together helped me keep my sanity, six weeks talking to yourself is not the best idea i have ever had.

I’ve enjoyed it as far as ep 10, will hopefully watch the rest this weekend. We had already booked our adventure before we started watching yours but have pickeŁ a few ideas so thanks for going to the effort of vlogging or whatever it’s called.

What were the temperature extremes you endured ?

Got home on Wednesday and slept for two days. Hadn’t realised just how exhausted i was.

It’s been an adventure that i will talk about for years to come but never something that i will attempt again. If you are planning a similar trip do not try and do it solo, it was the biggest mistake i made.

I am definitely going back to do some of these roads again and hit the ones that i missed but it will be done very differently and when the changes that covid has made to the country have eased off and things returned to something like what they were when i first decided to do this.

I hope that you have enjoyed the vlog, putting them together helped me keep my sanity, six weeks talking to yourself is not the best idea i have ever had.
    Really enjoyed the videos, thanks for making the effort, did motofreight ever give you an explanation for the USA importation / export/ additional costs you encountered,

Just watched your last vid .
    Thoroughly enjoyed them all but sorry you had a torrid time.
    When things go wrong, it’s always best to have someone with you to bounce off but I’m not sure doing the trip solo was a mistake .
    Just look at someone like Itchy Boots who is currently deep into Guatemala and riding solo off-road down gnarly trails !
    But she’s used to her own company and I guess 6 weeks alone is a long time if you haven’t done it before.
    Anyway, as you say, you have memories and can go back and do some of the bits you missed but with company next time .

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789