790 adv r luggage plate issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just bought a genuine KTM luggage plate to go on my 2020 790 adventure r.

None of the mounting holes line up despite the Powerparts website saying it will fit my bike.
When I put the plate in roughly the right position it fouls on the grab handles. There are spacers provided but the threaded portion is very short and has no chance of screwing down into the chassis rails.
I’m wondering if there’s an adaptor plate needed however there is no mention of this on the KTM website. The supplying dealer doesn’t know although he is going to try and find out..

Any ideas please chaps?

Seems like KTM take the piss the same as bmw.
Apparently it needs a topbox mounting plate (£100+) to replace the tiny panel between the grab handles. This then allows to metal luggage rack to be fitted.

Morning Paul,

I need 60612910144. This is the mounting plate that bolts directly to the chassis rails

The luggage plate to sit on top is 60312978044

I put a Perun Moto on my 790 R - fits a treat and really well made

I put a Perun Moto on my 790 R - fits a treat and really well made

Saw those on ebay and liked the look of them.
I've bought a Givi kit to try. Its to bolt a Pelicase onto so might not even use the plate , just bolt it to the givi brackets. I know this one will fit because its from the bike's original owner

Saw those on ebay and liked the look of them.
I've bought a Givi kit to try. Its to bolt a Pelicase onto so might not even use the plate , just bolt it to the givi brackets. I know this one will fit because its from the bike's original owner

Perun Moto rack is pre-drilled for the Givi adapter kit is what it says on their website

Perun Moto rack is pre-drilled for the Givi adapter kit is what it says on their website

I have the Perun rack, it’s great and yes the Givi adaptor kit fits as does the Kriega rack loops.

Problem solved

Pelicase bolted straight onto the Givi brackets.

Attachments

• F085DB4F-23B4-4B4A-9F73-E1679D5406E5.jpg
    F085DB4F-23B4-4B4A-9F73-E1679D5406E5.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom