Connect app, hard use

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The weekend I used the connect app in the cradle solidly for four days. I rode up to keilder forest for a RallyMoto event on the Friday using a route I planned on basecamp sent to the phone, that worked great displaying the road works and traffic exactly as I found it. Also the speed limit has been rounded up to 60,70 etc. Now on the Saturday I used the phone in the cradle using my rally trip app.
Now for those worries about vibration and the camera etc, I can only speak from my experience with my iPhone 11 Pro, it was in the cradle all the weekend on some of the hardest packed rocks and gravel I've ridden on, not once did I feel it was going to come out of the cradle and I hit some major whoops and potholes. Checked the phone and camera was fine, not sure if the lenses are the same on all iPhones but for me at the moment I'm happy to put my phone in the cradle. Was the same story on Sunday but this time I left bmw app running in the background with the trip app in the foreground. It recorded the route fine, even showing where the abs and traction control cut in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the report.

Your findings match my own, with one exception. I have found that the iPhone 13 does not charge in the cradle. It’s not a problem for you or anyone using an earlier model of phone. Nor is it particularly a BMW problem, as there are now lots of problems reported on the internet of the model 13 phones not charging wirelessly, due to a change in their design.

PS I have cut your tip about airdropping a recorded track of a journey into its own post and thread. It will be helpful to others.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-I-export-the-GPX-record-of-where-I’ve-ridden

Back
Top Bottom