2010 RT problems

matgriff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, recently replaced the complete wiring loom and ZFE module on a 2010 1200RT MU due to a fire in the ZFE/loom connector.

Everything went well, all functions worked perfectly apart from the fuel gauge read full all the time. The bike has a strip type sensor that was working fine beforehand. I read up a bit and realised that the ZFE module, although correct for a 1200RT of the right spec was from a 2011 bike with the float type sensor.

I used my motoscan tool and saw that the parameter FLS08 was set to "potentiometer", so I changed it to "fuel strip" and performed the coding. This then allowed me to calibrate the dry fuel strip. Previously it said "fuel strip not present"

The fuel gauge didn't seem to be cured, but I then noticed that the electronic screen adjustment stopped working. I can see that the ZFE is recognising the up/down buttons but it doesn't move the screen ??

I read a few posts referring to "windscreen calibration" anyone know what that's about ??

Thanks

Mat

IIRC there is a windscreen calibration in GS999 that I used when I replaced my whole front end after a smash. If you cannot find a friend, it may be the main stealers only.

As above. Find someone with a GS911. I did mine recently. Hopefully that will be your problem.

Back
Top Bottom