Apple Ipod Classic 120GB - Battery Replacement?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for someplace that will replace the battery in an old Ipod Classic ?

It has a steel back which makes it difficult compared to the ones with the plastic back.

What I need is someone who has done this job before - I tried using Stanley knife blades and I am going to bugger the casing.

Anyone have any seggustions?

Bin

Hi,

I am looking for someplace that will replace the battery in an old Ipod Classic ?

It has a steel back which makes it difficult compared to the ones with the plastic back.

What I need is someone who has done this job before - I tried using Stanley knife blades and I am going to bugger the casing.

Anyone have any seggustions?

Bin

no more difficult than the plastic back ones, I bought a cheap case opening plastic kit from ebay for about 3or4 quid, came apart easily and the battery change took no more than 10 minutes, easy job

Friend has just used www.ipodrepairs.co.uk for a similar ipod, He is very happy with their service, cost and turnaround time. Cheers, John B

This looks favourite, thanks.

I tried myself but was unsuccessful other than starting to mark the body in an ugly way. Unusually for me, I stopped before I really made a mess!

Thanks for replies.

Bin

Back
Top Bottom