Cannons BMW Refused to fit the..

He doesn't have a GS, he posted in the RT section, so has a new RT me thinks

Yes new RT.

I think I’ll just use a power bank as it’s only a back up, should work fine for my needs.

Some interesting replies and suggestions, thanks to all for your input :thumb2

Honda fitted all my electrical gubbins, including lights, aux power and sat nav. I gave them a bag full of wires and they did a cracking job. Not asked BMW to do anything like that though. Agree in principal but if you do it privately, they are not going to void a warranty claim. So maybe that's over that though..
Are honda still non canbus electrics...? Different ball game if they are and BM dealer will have no backup if they fit non BM parts and it decks with the electrics...

I am going to fit the Zumo and the "Italian Adaptor" (although I got it from Sweden actually) over Easter. I have already fitted the adaptor and it works well. The next step is to connect the Zumo power supply to the bike and I am going to do so using this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39361689...rentrq:18377a091800ab9e640d922afffc1158|iid:1

Looks like a very simple job, albeit with a bit of faffing around panel removals etc. and the part shown in the link has been purchased from a Motorrad dealer so I cannot imagine it would invalidate anything in relation to the warranty.

Hope this helps...

Are honda still non canbus electrics...? Different ball game if they are and BM dealer will have no backup if they fit non BM parts and it decks with the electrics...

Imagine the outrage on UKGSer if there's any future problems, regardless if it's to do with the fitting.... they'll be shouts of burn the dealers premises down, sale of goods act, consumers rights, not fit for the purpose, human rights, section 66, my mate down the pub said, small claims court, solicitors, lawyers, citizens advice bureau, a letter from your mum, SWMBO, dealer main principal, BMW headquarters, anecdotes galore, burning pitchforks and sharp fires and lots of tar......

Only one missing is "name and shame", because the dealers have already been mentioned.
But no doubt they'll be a couple of shout outs due to the red mist descending and the posters not being able to contain their anger and rage before fully reading the post.

Imagine the outrage on UKGSer if there's any future problems, regardless if it's to do with the fitting.... they'll be shouts of burn the dealers premises down, sale of goods act, consumers rights, not fit for the purpose, human rights, section 66, my mate down the pub said, small claims court, solicitors, lawyers, citizens advice bureau, a letter from your mum, SWMBO, dealer main principal, BMW headquarters, anecdotes galore, burning pitchforks and sharp fires and lots of tar......

Only one missing is "name and shame", because the dealers have already been mentioned.
But no doubt they'll be a couple of shout outs due to the red mist descending and the posters not being able to contain their anger and rage before fully reading the post.
🤣🤣 I has to be remembered that they may lose the 0.1538% that makes their customer satisfaction bonus as well...👍 I doubt the customer would complain though... Not like the flaking paint saga...🙄👍🤣

Back
Top Bottom