Complicated Aren't They?!

craigholt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just picked up a Multistrada 950S for a bimble about on during the summer and thought I'd quickly set the bike up this afternoon.

Jeez, there's a LOT of settings isn't there :D

Gave up in the end and going to get out on it with all set at default and take it from there.

Just picked up a Multistrada 950S for a bimble about on during the summer and thought I'd quickly set the bike up this afternoon.

Jeez, there's a LOT of settings isn't there :D

Gave up in the end and going to get out on it with all set at default and take it from there.

HAs the s got the skyhooks suspension I cant remember

If it is like my 1260 the dash etc and the settings take a bit of sussing but once you do its pretty straightforward

HAs the s got the skyhooks suspension I cant remember

If it is like my 1260 the dash etc and the settings take a bit of sussing but once you do its pretty straightforward

Yes it has.

It is pretty 'simple',there's just a lot!

I'm only going to use touring and sport and then tune them in. Enduro and Urban won't really fit into any of the riding I do.

Just sitting on ot and listening (and feeling) the changes the press of a button makes is cool as...

Yes it has.

It is pretty 'simple',there's just a lot!

I'm only going to use touring and sport and then tune them in. Enduro and Urban won't really fit into any of the riding I do.

Just sitting on ot and listening (and feeling) the changes the press of a button makes is cool as...

If this helps or not I dont know but

Ducati send their bikes out of the factory with preload 5 sheets to the wind and all different

My top tip would be to get that sorted for sag etc before you start playing with the suspension settings
It will also be a revelation in the handling dept

If this helps or not I dont know but

Ducati send their bikes out of the factory with preload 5 sheets to the wind and all different

My top tip would be to get that sorted for sag etc before you start playing with the suspension settings
It will also be a revelation in the handling dept

Cheers!

Iit's used, so the last owner has probably fiddled a little, but as a Ducati mechanic hopefully that may have been done. I will have a decent ride out this week and have an open invite to pop up and he'll spend an hour with me in the workshop once I have a feel for it.

As you've said SPORT and TOURING are the modes you will use most often and are the ones I use the most, I have occasionally used ENDURO on small back roads with a rough or broken surface to good effect, when I looked into the parameters of each "mode" like engine power, ABS and suspension settings I changed very little, enjoy your bike I've enjoyed mine.
I've just listed some good quality bling on e-bay for a 950, or should that be essential touring and protection items :green gri

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/578002-Ducati-Multistrada-950S-parts-listed-on-e-bay

As you've said SPORT and TOURING are the modes you will use most often and are the ones I use the most, I have occasionally used ENDURO on small back roads with a rough or broken surface to good effect, when I looked into the parameters of each "mode" like engine power, ABS and suspension settings I changed very little, enjoy your bike I've enjoyed mine.
I've just listed some good quality bling on e-bay for a 950, or should that be essential touring and protection items :green gri

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/578002-Ducati-Multistrada-950S-parts-listed-on-e-bay

Cheers for the info and the links, but determined not to buy a single farkle.

Saying that, I buckled today and bought an OEM trickle charger and the EvoTech Handlebar nav bracket, but that's it.

I've had your (graphics) stuff on previous GS's - do me something for the 950. It's very, well, red!

Are you changing then Steve?

Back
Top Bottom