Chimay & St Quentin

Wegby

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking for some recommendations for hotels in Chimay and St Quentin, as I'll be doing a trip with my partner in mid-July (assuming she likes her first overseas trip on her bike later this month).

I've seen a recommendation for Hotel Memorial in St Quentin from a few on here, which seems reasonable, so I've gone ahead and booked that one.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel in Chimay with reasonably secure parking?

Many thanks in advance - Guy

In Chimay itself or close to Chimay?

What are you looking to spend a night? Are you looking for half / full board or are you / she happy to wander off out of the door to find a restaurant / kebab shop?

Thanks folks.

In the end, I've settled on the Villa Adelaide Hotel - http://villa-adelaide.com/

My partner passed her bike test last July; we're off to St. Valerie sur Somme this weekend for her first foreign trip, and we're doing something further afield in July, where we're going to Pont a Mousson for a few days, via St. Quentin on the way out and Chimay on the way back.

As she's not keen on doing long stints, I'm keeping the mileage under 150 per day (although it will be slightly more than this on the way home from Chimay). Thought that as she was interested in seeing the Chimay circuit again (she's been round it as pillion before), we could stop there for the night and ride round the circuit before heading back to Calais.

The hotel looks like the parking will be ok as it's set back off the road, but I'll post an update on our return as it may be helpful to others.

Back
Top Bottom