File storage and transfer on tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barny

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Someone must have done this at some point so I need to pick brains. I am looking at going on a tour of Germany but depending on conditions may end up going to Austria or Italy, the decision will be made on tour, so I want to take routes to suit all instances. Instead of filling the memory on the GPS I was wondering if it was possible to store alternative routes on my Android Tablet to transfer as required via Bluetooth. I just need help with the method. I've tried smart link but it does not want to work.

Another possibility would be additional SD cards would that work?

Barny

Bluetooth transfer to a Nav VI can be done but it’s a bit of a process, involving other hardware. There’s a thread on it somewhere…..

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...ing-files-routes-from-an-iPad-to-a-GPS-device

My recommendation would be to load the routes onto the device, which is not too arduous a task. Do though check them BEFORE you leave home.

PS The device has miles of memory, routes themselves take up very little. If you are really concerned, stick an SD card in and save the routes to that.

Thanks the SD card route was starting to look the simplest. Can a larger than 32Mb be used in the Nav6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom