Newbie question (I hope) regarding removing cover off GPS cradle

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred22

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Sorry to ask but I could do with some advice.

I have a 2018 Rallye TE. It has the sat nav prep as far as I know, which is not far.

There appears to be a cover over where I think the contacts are. It seems to have little mouldings for my finger ends to grip iin to aid removal However I cannot fathom how to take said cover off. I have tried inserting and turning the key and then pressing or pulling the lever that sticks out on the right side of the cradle, whilst pulling on the cover and it is not moving.

I could be more firm and butch with it but the flipping thing is brand new, has all my money sunk in it already so the last thing I want to do is break it.

Please help

A picture tells a thousand words so picture attached with the area of the cover highlighted in orange, Little lever thing is to right of that at the top.

Make sure have unlocked it ie key won’t come out, what looks like the black plastic strip on the left, if you feel behind the unit there’s a “trigger” pull that out. Then on the right hand side press in the thumb bit which is next to the tiny break in your orange line, it should the pop out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MDVlfSP_byk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go forward to about 1:40 to see the key and the left hand catch. Then follow post above.

Don’t force it or you’ll break it.

Or trot down to your local dealership who will show you.

Thank you very much. Clear advice from alanbmwgs and a video too, from wapping - it all made sense, cover is now removed and replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom