Short term bike insurance for non-UK licence holder

An interesting turn on this. As previously mentioned, my Aussie mate was able to insure his UK registered KTM 690 for 3 months TP only, for about £400.

They quoted him an extra £300 for European (France) cover. But after printing off the the insurance certificate we noticed it already covers the EU plus the usual others, and further research indicates that all UK issued insurance covers the EU.

So that’s £300 saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An interesting turn on this. As previously mentioned, my Aussie mate was able to insure his UK registered KTM 690 for 3 months TP only, for about £400.

They quoted him an extra £300 for European (France) cover. But after printing off the the insurance certificate we noticed it already covers the EU plus the usual others, and further research indicates that all UK issued insurance covers the EU.

So that’s £300 saved.

Is the extra £300 they quoted to perhaps extend the cover to Fully Comprehensive, as opposed to just Third Party whilst in the EU? It might be worth asking.

Is the extra £300 they quoted to perhaps extend the cover to Fully Comprehensive, as opposed to just Third Party whilst in the EU? It might be worth asking.

It’s possible, but since the UK cover is TP only, probably not. The bike is only worth £5-6k, and he’s happy with TP so just saving the £300 is a win

Got a new quote again today from Lee at Bikesure and come down from £280 tor 4 days for £195 for 7 days, which was a surprise. We had to wait till 30 days before we need it before we can make payment. Very good service so far.

Got a new quote again today from Lee at Bikesure and come down from £280 tor 4 days for £195 for 7 days, which was a surprise. We had to wait till 30 days before we need it before we can make payment. Very good service so far.

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom