Best Sat Nav For R 1200 R ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinhead86

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi I want to buy a Sat Nav for my 2016 R 1200 R i don't want BMW so has anybody ideas not bothered about the wounder wheel but would like it to fit in BMW cradle and have power. Any ideas on make would be really helpful.

Thanks Gary.

You don't want a BMW Sat Nav but you want it to fit in a BMW cradle ? :duno

Sorry I'm new to the post side of things but I was thinking of a Garmin 660 or see what other riders are using as I don't have. BMW Nav 6 money. Now a new be pensioner:(

Thanks Gary:

Some of the Zumo range will fit into the BMW cradle I think. You'll pay more for a BMW badged version.

Or, remove the BMW mount, add a Quadlock mount for your smartphone and install TomTom Go, the full fat version is only about 13 quid a year and you get full UK mapping, live traffic, smart re-routing etc, and you can get Cyclops speed camera's subscription for about 24 quid a year. The updates to the software are constant and free once you've paid the subscription(s).

For 7 months of the year the screen and all the hardware is removed from my GSA including the BMW nav mount, and I use the above, it's brilliant.

Sorry I'm new to the post side of things but I was thinking of a Garmin 660 or see what other riders are using as I don't have. BMW Nav 6 money. Now a new be pensioner:(

Thanks Gary:

Ah OK

You can get a used Nav 6 for around £250 or a Nav 5 for even less or are you thinking cheaper still ?

They occasionally come up in the For Sale section on the site. The connectivity of these two units via the handlebar whizz wheel makes them worth it IMO :thumby:

Welcome to the site :D

I’m changing from my 06 GS to a fully loaded 1200r at the weekend, the GS has heated grips and no other extras, It may well take me until I retire from biking to figure out what all the switches and wheels do on the r, good job it’s not too far from home as the Nav6 that’s fitted may have been the first challenge, I may well be needing some technical support over the coming weeks!!

Al.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated given me a few options to think about. ��

Ah OK

You can get a used Nav 6 for around £250 or a Nav 5 for even less or are you thinking cheaper still ?

They occasionally come up in the For Sale section on the site. The connectivity of these two units via the handlebar whizz wheel makes them worth it IMO :thumby:

Welcome to the site :D

The wonder wheel is, er, wonderful. I have a BMW 4 button cradle on my Triumph Scrambler and do miss the wheel when using it rather than my 1200R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom