R1200GS Schedule service

LochLaddie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it's finally happened I managed to find the right 2014 TE model. I am so excited about the purchase of my first GS.

I will be looking to perform the majority of the servicing, is there a service schedule on the form?

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to being part of the clan :thumb

Hi

From the manual (2016)

They’re very easy to work on, you’ll want an OBD scanner, a 10 pin adapter cable and the Motoscan app to reset the service indicator

Plenty of info on here if you look around

Attachments

• DF00308D-1C4B-4290-9B46-9BD1CD60F973.jpg
    DF00308D-1C4B-4290-9B46-9BD1CD60F973.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 796
  • 71A8C0F7-B6AC-4029-AC3D-ECF5A078B474.jpg
    71A8C0F7-B6AC-4029-AC3D-ECF5A078B474.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 790
excellent @leadfarmer, many thanks.

My next step is to understand and purchase the components you mention "OBD scanner, a 10 pin adapter cable and the Motoscan app", from what i have seen so far this is a bit of a rabbit whole LOL

Thanks, really useful link. Would you know if a 2014 has a 10 pin or 16 pin connector?

Not off the top of my head. I don't have one myself. I have a friend in Freuchie who does and he's scanned my bike when necessary.

That OBDlink LX is pricey for an OBD2 scanner..... I have a Bluescan II OBD2 scanner that I bought a while back from lonelec for my Tiger 800 and TuneECU app, worked perfectly for that. Just tried Motoscan with the 10 pin to OBD cable and the Bluescan II for my 1200RT and it seems to work OK although not bought the licenced version as yet which unlocks thinks like fault clearing and service intervals setting etc etc.

Has anyone used OBD2 scanners other than the OBDlink LX (the green one) with success?

The website says "The software license is not provided" do you know the cost of the license? does it do all the home mechanic would need to do as per the GS-911?

I’ve got the professional license, 29.99 euros, allows service reset and clear error codes which is all you need for normal servicing

https://www.motoscan.de/#app-versions

For 10 euros more you get the top version but I don’t know what you’d need the extra functions for, you don’t need to prime the abs on the LC models

That OBDlink LX is pricey for an OBD2 scanner..... I have a Bluescan II OBD2 scanner that I bought a while back from lonelec for my Tiger 800 and TuneECU app, worked perfectly for that. Just tried Motoscan with the 10 pin to OBD cable and the Bluescan II for my 1200RT and it seems to work OK although not bought the licenced version as yet which unlocks thinks like fault clearing and service intervals setting etc etc.

Has anyone used OBD2 scanners other than the OBDlink LX (the green one) with success?
Bought the Professional Version Licence from Motoscan, about £21, can confirm my cheap Bluescan II ELM 327 compatibale scanner works just fine. Zoobek.com

leadfarmer “you don’t need to prime the abs on the LC models”
Is a brake fluid change just straight forward then on LC1200/1250’s, on my pre LC twin cam I had to go through the purge sequence on the GS911 and then do it again, a right faff. I didn’t do it once and front brake felt very wrong even though it worked. Soon connected it up and sorted it out.
I’m interested because I’ve just bought an R1250GS and want to continue looking after my own bike, after the warranty period.

@tspivey

I can’t speak from experience as I’ve not done a brake bleed myself but I looked into it before getting MotoScan, from what I’ve found on the net it’s just a “normal” bleed without any need to flush or prime the ABS pump

Hopefully someone else can confirm, there are plenty on here who do their own maintenance

Back
Top Bottom