A shout out for Motorrad Central

Bobbin-Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove a 500 mile round trip from Chester to Motorrad Central in Dalkeith for my daughter to collect a sweet little G310R, she's just passed her test and at 5'3" (and a half she tells me) this will be a great first bike before she moves onto something more substantial - she already has a F700GS/F750GS in her sights for when finances permit.
The handover from Nik was nothing short of brilliant, even making sure it had a full tank of fuel and going through absolutely everything, definitely 10 out of 10 on the sales experience scale.
Taking a van meant she could ride to Peebles and on to Moffat, and another hour at the end when back in Cheshire with the boring bit in the middle giving her a break in the van. All in all a great day and I'd highly recommend Motorrad Central, we might even use them again despite the distance!

Nik sold me my 750, and he was great. I think I’ve told this story before, but I went in intending to buy an 850 - he quizzed me and then said it was the wrong bike for me and the (cheaper) 750 was the one. I tried the 850 and realised he was right about it. My other choice was the 900XR - again he told me why I shouldn’t buy it, and he was right about that too, so I tried the 750 and loved it. It wasn’t even that he had stock to shift, they had the 850 and 900 in stock, my 750 had to be ordered in from Germany. Top bloke, and quite a character too.

Back
Top Bottom