Interceptor 650 - Relays

FatAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had a look at the relays on my bike, I've only got 3. I thought it was supposed to have 4. It looks like the accessory relay is missing. It's not red paint overspray in that picture, just poor light in the workshop. Any one confirm they have 4?

Attachments

• RE relays.jpg
    RE relays.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 271
FatAl, is the missing relay the one for the accessory port inside the headlight unit ?
Shedman, I Would be interested to know which relays you bought to swap them out ?
Thanks

It would be the accessory relay on earlier models, however a having had a closer look there doesn't seem to be any wires to that relay socket. I bought a spare relay from Hitchcocks, and have placed it in the empty socket.
I finally racked up 1000+ miles yesterday, I may give it an oil and filter change this week, or is that a bit anal? :D Anyway it's running great and loosening up nicely.

GSite, sorry for delay responding. I went to an auto electrician to buy mine, bought 4 pin 12v 40A micro relays with resistor, normally open type. The originals (on left in pic) are 5 pin but their sockets are only wired for 4 pins, originals are 20A but I chose 40A capacity. Took time to clean up the sockets before fitting. I had been out on really shitty November roads, when home I noticed the LED aux lights I had fitted were glowing dimly due to current leakage, cleaning the relay sockets and fitting new relays and no recurrence of problem. I fitted relays to the 4 wired sockets on my (euro 4) bike.
Steve.

Thanks Steve, appreciate the info and will do as you have with the Interceptor as a pre-emptive measure.
Also fitted uprated 4 pin 30A Tyco relays to my Euro 4 Himalayan during the winter as I too found the OEMs were unreliable. The one for the fuel pump caused the bike to cut out intermittently and the Enfield dealer "fix" was to clean the contacts of white grease and swap over the two relays. This did work for a while, but really not good enough in my view, hence spending the princely sum of £4.96 for both quality relays, sorted.

Back
Top Bottom