2002 R1150R Headlight.

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone aware of a replacement headlight that has LED lights on it? Would just like to be a bit more conspicuous when out and about.

Thanks.

Cheers...but apparently I am not paying that much according to her indoors!
I get that, I've tried and failed to get bulbs to fit the housing on my R12R but it's not just not meant to be so I'm sticking with the plain old halogens. The Hornig one is smart though, keeps with the look of the bike.

Check the fancy smancy version for my bike, crazy money. Nvm import fees too.

https://motodemic.com/shop/bmw-r1200r-led-headlight-upgrade/

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I have found that replacing the pilot bulb with a "white" LED bulb makes quite a difference to being seen - IMO.

I think the contrast with the rather yellow light from the main bulb and the the LED pilot is quite noticeable - IYSWIM.

HTH - TTFN!

D

I have found that replacing the pilot bulb with a "white" LED bulb makes quite a difference to being seen - IMO.

I think the contrast with the rather yellow light from the main bulb and the the LED pilot is quite noticeable - IYSWIM.

HTH - TTFN!

D

Cheers..will check that option.

HTH - TTFN!

D
Is there one you'd reccommend? I really struggled to find a W5W LED bulb for my R12R that didn't cause errors or flicker.

Is there one you'd reccommend? I really struggled to find a W5W LED bulb for my R12R that didn't cause errors or flicker.

Sorry - just used a random jobbie sourced from eBay [I think I had bought some for another application and had one lying around in the garage].

Old skool electrics on the 1150 so no Canbus errors.

D

Back
Top Bottom