More Brain Picking Required Please Guys.....

BillyBoxer6

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me for sure, what (if any) Updates / Changes occurred during the 2010 - 2013 Production Run of the Twin Cam please?
Also, were there any known significant Issues, especially with the early Bikes?
TIA,
BB

I think some of the early ones had the fuel strip and later ones had the float. This was the case with the GSA but I assume it applied to GS as well.

Can anyone tell me for sure, what (if any) Updates / Changes occurred during the 2010 - 2013 Production Run of the Twin Cam please?
Also, were there any known significant Issues, especially with the early Bikes?
TIA,
BB
Apart from colour schemes there weren't any updates or changes I'm aware of.

As with any popular bike you'll have some folk say they had issues with this and that but apart from bubbling engine paint (which is by no means reserved for Twin Cams) my 108,000mile 2010 Adventure has had no major issues and I hope its next owner (once I get round to putting it up for sale) gets another 100,000 out it.
I expect my new to me 2010 TC that I picked up in November to give me at least another 60,000 trouble free miles.

P.S. Mac is correct to mention the fuel strip, they are as accurate as a sundial at night.
Use you're trip meter do not trust the fuel guage or range reading.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Really?
I thought all TC GS/A had the Float?
I know the early TC RT had the Strip 🤔

Really?
I thought all TC GS/A had the Float?
I know the early TC RT had the Strip ��

You could be right, I had an early twin cam GSA and remember checking the OEM parts site and iirc both the strip and the float were listed as possible parts for the model. I didn,t have the bike long enough to get round to checking which it had.

www.realoem.com

You can look for yourself to see what changes occurred model to model

I did look into the strip/float thing sometime back

just pull up the strip and if you click on the item it will give you production / model run

be aware though, its's only an indicator (no pun intended) as unless you know the production month of a bike, you may end up with a cusp / cutoff unit, and get

what you dont want ( if that makes sense )

On the twin cam RT some of the early ones had the leftover front forks from the previous model. I know this ‘cos I have one.

P.S. Mac is correct to mention the fuel strip, they are as accurate as a sundial at night.
Use you're trip meter do not trust the fuel guage or range reading.

I can vouch for this as I found out on my new to me fuel strip bike that ran out of fuel showing 35 KM left.

Easiest way to confirm what a bike you are looking at has, is to plug a GS911 in do an autoscan which will be handy to see if it has any fault codes and look under ZFE-High it will tell you if it is float or strip.

Easiest way to confirm what a bike you are looking at has, is to plug a GS911 in do an autoscan which will be handy to see if it has any fault codes and look under ZFE-High it will tell you if it is float or strip.

Cheers Chris, so all I need to do now is find a Fellow Tosser in reasonably close proximity who has a GS911 and who may be willing to check it out for me....hmmmm :eyebrow:augie

I really ought to get one myself actually....

Just checked mine - 2010 tc
GS911 says it a lever type - I presume this is a float ???
If the op is passing DE11 area he can come plug it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Often your way when visiting Janets Tea rooms for my Chocolate Fudge cake and Ice cream fix.
Passed through your village yesterday heading for north yorkshire.

Often your way when visiting Janets Tea rooms for my Chocolate Fudge cake and Ice cream fix.
Passed through your village yesterday heading for north yorkshire.

That was the Long Way Round Chris, Bank Holiday Tour??

Back
Top Bottom