New GasGas 700

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Red one

b8c463a3c6c22ed0e9438426c72923f3.jpg

Guys are all on the launch with GasGas at the moment.
Think best of both earlier bikes with all the toys in one place.

Looks very uninteresting …to me.
It’s just a rebadged KTM 690/Husky 701 with naff paint.

Oh No ........ the guys at Girona will be devastated.

Remember GG are pitching for the youth market, not the usual GSer demographic.

Oh No ........ the guys at Girona will be devastated.

Remember GG are pitching for the youth market, not the usual GSer demographic.

I like it :D

Not as nice as the Husky, much better than the KTM.

I know someone who's taking delivery tomorrow. Probably riding with him on Sunday.

Keen to check it out in the flesh.

I prefer the Husky colour but, reference all three, can they take panniers and a top box (shopping at Tesco), extra lights and heated grips? Can you fit lowering links and drop the forks. Do they do a low version as a factory option? Will those wheels take more road bias tyres and can the bikes be fitted with aluminium wheels instead of spokes and with two disks up front.. Can they take a center stand? I guess they will do an adventure model with a 30 Lt tank?

I'm guessing the answers will be yes to all my questions so I may have one after an extended test ride as long as they keep the price for the bike and all the extras mentioned below £8000.

I prefer the Husky colour but, reference all three, can they take panniers and a top box (shopping at Tesco)

Yes, but you'd ruin it with a top box.

extra lights and heated grips?

Yes

Can you fit lowering links

Yes

and drop the forks

Yes, if You fit bar risers.

Do they do a low version as a factory option?

No.

Will those wheels take more road bias tyres

Yes

and can the bikes be fitted with aluminium wheels instead of spokes and with two disks up front.

Probably possible, but ££££s

Can they take a center stand?

No.

I guess they will do an adventure model with a 30 Lt tank?

They already did, but discontinued it because it was an answer to a question few people in Europe asked and it looked shit. TBF Arsey on here had one that he managed to make look really nice, but i see that one as an outlier.

I'm guessing the answers will be yes to all my questions so I may have one after an extended test ride as long as they keep the price for the bike and all the extras mentioned below £8000.

Good luck with that.

I prefer the Husky colour but, reference all three, can they take panniers and a top box (shopping at Tesco), extra lights and heated grips? Can you fit lowering links and drop the forks. Do they do a low version as a factory option? Will those wheels take more road bias tyres and can the bikes be fitted with aluminium wheels instead of spokes and with two disks up front.. Can they take a center stand? I guess they will do an adventure model with a 30 Lt tank?

You just need one of these and lower it !!
All day comfy and 300 mile range.

ba4822db0148c500fe704815f5e6cfeb.jpg

You’ll have to wait for a Chinese copy if you want one for less than £8k.

I'm sorry gentlemen. Thank you for your knowledgeable answers especially cookie. To be honest, I was joking and expected an answer more like "Yes, you can have all of that but it's called BMW" or something like that.

I didn't realize that those three bikes are so versatile. Again, sorry, I must stop using sarcastic humor. I was told that sarcasm is the highest form of intelligence. I'll best leave it alone as obviously, I haven't got the credentials. :blast

The 701 looks the dogs and wow! a 300 mile range.

They’re still a bit heavy for my liking which is why I went for the 501 option and used that as a starting point.

I actually saw one in the flesh at the weekend, being used in anger on muddy Dorset green lanes.

Looks nice, but not as nice as the 701. Even the owner agreed on that, but his previous bike was a 701.

We think it has a larger tank. Maybe a couple of litres bigger??

Back
Top Bottom