R75/6 Master Cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have decided to resite the master cylinder on my 75/6 to the handlebars.
I am in the process of collecting parts and wonder if anybody has info on the best place to get a new brake hose. My original hose is too short so hence the need for a longer one. I have spoke to Motorworks and they are unable to help.
Any info greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Paul

I am in the process of collecting parts and wonder if anybody has info on the best place to get a new brake hose. My original hose is too short so hence the need for a longer one. I have spoke to Motorworks and they are unable to help.
Cheers
Paul

Venhill can make up custom brake lines to whatever length you need.
All you need to do is tell them how long, and which end types you need on each end… ie” 90 degree bend, 45 degree bend, straight, etc….
I have used them in the past, and have had excellent service ( I don’t work for them, etc etc).

Bubb

Cheers
Paul

I recently bought new braided hoses from https://www.earls.co.uk/earls/index.html They made me a pair and delivered in about three days.

I'd recommend measuring carefully, making sure you get the angles of the ends correct, cos there ain't much movement to make any adjustments. Also phone them with your order, it makes the whole process much easier.

As an aside. I'm just about to upgrade my master cylinder on my R80 Mono and will have the makings of a complete (ex switches) throttle, brake leaver and 14mm master cylinder needing a new home. If you're interested.

Val.

Venhill can make up custom brake lines to whatever length you need.
All you need to do is tell them how long, and which end types you need on each end… ie” 90 degree bend, 45 degree bend, straight, etc….
I have used them in the past, and have had excellent service ( I don’t work for them, etc etc).

Bubb
Venhill have a online hose builder. It’s simplicity itself. Basically their system is a hose to your chosen length that has threaded ends to which you choose the type and shape of union to suit your application. The end result is very neat. My choice is always the black covered braided hose that complements the other ‘cables’ on my bikes.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Thanks for the offer Val but i am sorted on that front. One question is do you know where I can get a long chrome mirror? My nearly new one from the 75/6 is to short in the threaded part.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Thanks for the offer Val but i am sorted on that front. One question is do you know where I can get a long chrome mirror? My nearly new one from the 75/6 is to short in the threaded part.
Motorworks sell them with a longer thread but have you tried yours yet? Mine fitted, just, into a R80ST hydraulic lever perch.

All sorted on this now, Goodridge are making me a hose for a very reasonable price approx £35 delivered, should be here is 7-9 days
Motorworks supplied me with a new right hand mirror from a R80 81-84 which is almost almost identical to my original Left one so very happy.
Once the new master cylinder is working ok I will have some spares for sale namely a Goodridge stainless front brake hose, a front brake cable and a long chrome RH mirror all used for less than 200 miles. There is also a well used master cylinder with new brake switch all for a R75/6 circa 1976 (master cylinder was working when removed). If anybody is interested drop me a PM and when I am ready I can discuss price with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom