R850R front master cylinder and resevoir colour?

pcolbeck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I am rebuilding the front brakes on my 96 R850R and the brake reservoir is very scabby due to a fluid leak (master cylinder failed).
So I plan on repainting it as I refurbish it. The question is what the original colour matt black or satin black ?

Thanks

The brakes work much better in the wet with a matt finish, but satin works best in the dry.

Just repainted mine in satin black. Haven't had time to test how my choice has affected the braking performance of my bike, but it looks OK. Use an etch primer.

Just repainted mine in satin black. Haven't had time to test how my choice has affected the braking performance of my bike, but it looks OK. Use an etch primer.

I was thinking satin black too. Did you clear coat as well?

I did just the lids of mine a couple of years ago or so, also the bar end weights. I used U Pol etch primer and Hammerite satin black, both aerosols. No clear coat. It's a good match for the rest, maybe looks a bit newer if you are being picky but my lids were well corroded and looked a mess before they were done. It's not flaked off or anything, all still intact. Spot on job imo!

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom