74 Electra Glide Shovel Video

Little bit different that one with no on-board video but still a good watch.

I rode a shovel head EG approximately thirty years ago, which means it wasn't exactly a 'Classic' back then, but wow it was an industrial thing even then and I remember thinking that I was sort of out of my depth with it. The noise (not just the exhaust) the vibes, the size, hands and knees wide apart and sweet FA ground clearance or brakes. I bloody loved it and I bought three HDs on the trot.

In fact I've just realised that it's just coming up to thirty years since I bought my first 'Big Twin' A 1340 FXRS (K247GUM....DVLA MOT checker says it's still out there somewhere)

Shame Dave sold the XR1200, I would have liked to see/hear an on-board video of that, especially with those fancy pipes.

AND...Your mate has got one cracking bike shop.

Good work Gents...:thumb2

Little bit different that one with no on-board video but still a good watch.

I rode a shovel head EG approximately thirty years ago, which means it wasn't exactly a 'Classic' back then, but wow it was an industrial thing even then and I remember thinking that I was sort of out of my depth with it. The noise (not just the exhaust) the vibes, the size, hands and knees wide apart and sweet FA ground clearance or brakes. I bloody loved it and I bought three HDs on the trot.

In fact I've just realised that it's just coming up to thirty years since I bought my first 'Big Twin' A 1340 FXRS (K247GUM....DVLA MOT checker says it's still out there somewhere)

Shame Dave sold the XR1200, I would have liked to see/hear an on-board video of that, especially with those fancy pipes.

AND...Your mate has got one cracking bike shop.

Good work Gents...:thumb2

Thanks - Truth be known the bike was running ahem ... a little off colour :) so we spent more time getting it back to the shop than filming it, so before I could go back Russ had sold it

We do have a Grey Ghost Fatboy that we will be taking out in the next couple of weeks (as long as he doesn't sell it )

Thanks for posting I enjoy watching your videos. Pretty nice looking old FLH, too bad it wasn't running right though.

We do have a Grey Ghost Fatboy that we will be taking out in the next couple of weeks (as long as he doesn't sell it )

Nice vid and I like your YouTube channel.

Looking forward to your Grey Ghost vid as I currently have one of those. :thumb2

Attachments

• 431794DD-1F68-4784-9C71-51807221048F.jpg
    431794DD-1F68-4784-9C71-51807221048F.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 99
You have a nice one there Tricky!

Thanks for posting I enjoy watching your videos. Pretty nice looking old FLH, too bad it wasn't running right though.

Thanks, truth be known it was running like a dog we could barely get enough footage to make a video hence all the waffle from me :)

That is a beauty - I cant wait to Ride Russ's - He also has a Buell Uly that I am going to take out, not a classic but a rare bike that has always interested me

Back
Top Bottom