Email quirks

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My wife just forwarded an email to me and it took a quarter of an hour to arrive, I was sitting next to her at time although that could well be irrelevant for all I know. I tried emailing myself from my iPad and got it immediately on my iPhone, and did the same from iPhone to iPad and that came through virtually immediately as well.

Why the difference? :nenau

My wife just forwarded an email to me and it took a quarter of an hour to arrive, I was sitting next to her at time although that could well be irrelevant for all I know. I tried emailing myself from my iPad and got it immediately on my iPhone, and did the same from iPhone to iPad and that came through virtually immediately as well.

Why the difference? :nenau

Are you both using the same email service? Eg both on apple or gmail? Routing emails on the same domain (@gmail.com) is usually quicker than sending between apple and gmail. Some email providers are now doing a lot of filtering on incoming emails, and that can cause delays. Where you are sitting in relation to your wife will not be a factor, the mail servers could be in the US

I have to admit that in the last 2 weeks I have had a lot of delays on mail (well in comparison to usual) where an authentication mail takes around 3 or 4 minutes to arrive, whereas previously it was almost instant. Somewhere there is a delay...

Back
Top Bottom