DATATOOL

yes it comes to bits and the battery is easy to get at,here is a photo

Attachments

• 20220522_145157[1].jpg
    20220522_145157[1].jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 376
Excellent, that’ll help me find mine, are those sockets very far from the unit itself and is everything as it should be regarding the bike after removal.
Thanks

right behined the rear light ,take the rear grad rail and silver base plate off,you will see it

some would say ,why not just leave it there,it will not work once the yearly subsciption has lapsed.but is it still a drain on the battery.
the only reason i have taken mine off,is because my bike is now exactly one year old and i have just had a new battery fitted the other day from bmw assist.
the fitted told me that the tracker drains the battery.
and whats more i am not renewing the subscriptions .

Good thread & thanks for posting the info on it's location as I need to get mine disconnected too.

Who's bad marketing idea was this I wonder, as with zero insurance incentive, a £100 annual subscription fee & a device that will render your bike useless & immoveable due to battery drain - it's really up there with the best crap ideas..

When it was working inside being a year old, I was contacted after I moved my bike in the garage after a few weeks of not moving - it was an interesting conversation let's say.

Actually worse than useless if it stops the bike working.

Good thread & thanks for posting the info on it's location as I need to get mine disconnected too.

Who's bad marketing idea was this I wonder, as with zero insurance incentive, a £100 annual subscription fee & a device that will render your bike useless & immoveable due to battery drain - it's really up there with the best crap ideas..

When it was working inside being a year old, I was contacted after I moved my bike in the garage after a few weeks of not moving - it was an interesting conversation let's say.

Actually worse than useless if it stops the bike working.

Maybe get a more reliable tracker?

My Bike Trac was still transmitting two months after it lost power from a written-off bike...

For me, a £100 annual subs is well worth it - but then again, when my '63 plate was stolen it was counted as a total loss on my policy since late 2018. Policy went from £600 to £1,600 at the next renewal.

for those that need to know ,this what it looks like,mine now removed
Just taken mine off, though your ten minutes isn’t like my ten minutes. I put the end cap back on the original wire connector, I assume that’s correct?

Attachments

• A0924014-E17C-4DDC-9A35-92E32AFAC6E7.jpg
    A0924014-E17C-4DDC-9A35-92E32AFAC6E7.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 84E98BE6-9AE2-4F02-A228-BD45B5A7CA39.jpg
    84E98BE6-9AE2-4F02-A228-BD45B5A7CA39.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 251
  • 877C50FA-6003-45DA-B959-D9CC68629E3C.jpg
    877C50FA-6003-45DA-B959-D9CC68629E3C.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 259
I expect it’s always fitted in the same place and provisional criminal’s know where it is and what to do about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not always in the same place ( at least mine isn’t).

Should stop it automatically disassembling as you ride down the road I guess.

Spoke to my dealer while having my service and he said it shouldn’t be removed as it comes up on their system as having it fitted??

Spoke to my dealer while having my service and he said it shouldn’t be removed as it comes up on their system as having it fitted??

I don't have to answer to their system.

It's up to us what we do with our bikes & I'll keep the power sapping box of tricks so if the next owner wants it, no problem - just plug it in.

He implied it could cause a problem if you sell or PX at a dealer as it won’t match the spec.

It won't. I'll tell you what happens. When you go to the dealer with a figure in mind, he will suck in air through his teeth and tell you that there is no market for your bike, he won't even mention the tracker and then offer you peanuts for it. He will then move it to another dealer a long way away so that you cannot see it and put it up for sale at the value that you first thought of plus 30% and will not mention a tracker to anyone who comes to buy the bike.

It won't. I'll tell you what happens. When you go to the dealer with a figure in mind, he will suck in air through his teeth and tell you that there is no market for your bike, he won't even mention the tracker and then offer you peanuts for it. He will then move it to another dealer a long way away so that you cannot see it and put it up for sale at the value that you first thought of plus 30% and will not mention a tracker to anyone who comes to buy the bike.
I suspect you may have hit the nail absolutely square the head there Bob... it's a case of 'assume the position and prepare to be fudged'

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom