Adv 350

Cant see why anyone would not want extra lighting on the front of any bike scooter or not I put these on every bike I buy, anyway this is how I mounted mine<stainless steel bolts are now fitted !!

Rob

Which panels did you need to remove to do this? And how did you power the spots?

This may be of interest to taller riders considering either a Forza 350 or ADV350.

Called in at Chiswick Honda on last Saturday's rainy afternoon and had a mooch about. Street clothes and footwear. Sat on both bikes and found that at 6'3", my knees sat high on the footplate/deck of the Forza to the extent that free turn of the handlebars was impeded. If I were wearing boots, with associated thickness of soles, and also possibly winter trousers with insulation, then my knees would create a definite obstruction to free turn of the handlebars. Not good.

The net result of this 'showroom only assessment' is that the Forza is a non-starter for taller riders, IMHO.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar" (My inside leg measurement is 36", as a further indication of what challenge I brought to the bikes).

Thanks for all of the continuing information/experiences and recommendations on this ADV thread, started by Arsey.

I’m 5’10” with a 32” inside leg and have a Forza with the control thing under the left handlebar

If I sit on the scoot on the center stand, and turn the bars full left it touches my knee, but that’s not something that happens when riding

The only time I ever use full lock is when I’m at the side of the scooter pushing it or when I’m paddling backwards with my feet on the floor

So personally I don’t have any problem with bar height

Nothing beats a test ride :thumb2

I'm 6'2" with 33-34" inside leg. I rode a Forza300 (without the Roadsync dangly bit) for two years and no issues, apart from it feeling a little on the small side.

Then traded that for a Forza350 (with the Roadsync dangly bit). Showroom fitting felt awkward and cautious, they said they cut it off and stow it in the plastics if it bothered me enough! In real life though, as already mentioned, you don't ride like that, and the dangly bit only came close to my knee when at a slow speed, tight turn situation.

What was more irritating was the thumb space due to the dangly bit. With a winter glove on, the tip would get caught every time you return your thumb to the bar after moving it, whether for indicating, screen adjustment or headlight. Muscle memory started kicking in after a couple of months, but it always felt weird.

I only had the 350 for 3 months before it was damaged while parked, so now swapping for an ADV which doesn't have the dangly bit but does have a more spacious fit for the taller person.

Yes Martin
it fits over the top of the screen and secures with 4 little allen bolts that squeeze onto rubber protectors so as not to mark the screen, its stable once fitted ive had one on at over double the national speed limit (on a closed road of course Officer) only thing to be mindful of is the little allen screws are made of chocolate and do round off fairly quickly

Rob

Sorted. Ta

3202057bae3ccb0db2f57b7b5c7ac789.jpg

think they are only 5700 new...cant see him getting that type od price for a over used one

ADV 160 Available in S.E. Asia

Prompted by a post made by @chilipepper made this weekend on another thread started by Arsey ('One Bike 'Til You Die - https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/600942-One-Bike-Till-You-Die), I looked at the Honda dealership site in Thailand.

Seems that in S.E. Asia there's a ADV 160 model available. Kerb weight is just 133kg - which is 50kg less that the substantial ADV350 on offer in the U.K.

Retail price stats at Thai Baht 100,000 which is currently approx. £2,350. Yes, I took a double-take, also!

Now, to @Chilipepper's point, as he expressed the option to buy a Honda 125 Cub (retail price equivalent to £1,100 see: https://www.thaihonda.co.th/honda/motorcycle/family/all-new-super-cub) and ride back overland, would the ADV 160 not be worth the ride home...??

(And by comparison, the ADV 350 has a manufacturer's recommended retail price of the equivalent of £4,250).

For entertainment, see the following link:

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/honda/motorcycle/automatic/all-new-adv160-2022

Hi all,

New to the forum and very interested in the ADV350.
I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to mount two spotlights without adding the side bars to the bike.
The ones I have are really small but very powerfull (link here), and I am planning on carrying them from my current bike to the ADV350.

Would the front forks be a good place for that? Perhaps with something like this clamp?

Any ideas how you'd approach that please?

Just seen on Facebook

8986c1fbd313edb75ba45067a94899c9.jpg

f1b3925878e6e5ab588e665015832cba.jpg

8dd4b3cae4296b367a7d972d26f1fa15.png

It’s arrived, and it’s great fun. It’s about the same weight as a pushbike compared to my Goldwing.
I’ll need some mirror extender things, and I’ll maybe change the screen. BUT. the best thing of all is the after market cable lock , it’s permanently attached to the bike at one end and is a single handed operation. I was a bit sceptical when I saw it but into gear in Hull sorted out the right sized one and it works perfectly.
Only down side is the topbox isn’t here yet.

Attachments

• 253CCFA1-040A-46F5-8F1D-2A9F10F6DEED.jpg
    253CCFA1-040A-46F5-8F1D-2A9F10F6DEED.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 153
  • CA79AA0F-F69A-47CE-B2FE-C75BAF48B218.jpg
    CA79AA0F-F69A-47CE-B2FE-C75BAF48B218.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 152
It’s arrived, and it’s great fun. It’s about the same weight as a pushbike compared to my Goldwing.
I’ll need some mirror extender things, and I’ll maybe change the screen. BUT. the best thing of all is the after market cable lock , it’s permanently attached to the bike at one end and is a single handed operation. I was a bit sceptical when I saw it but into gear in Hull sorted out the right sized one and it works perfectly.
Only down side is the topbox isn’t here yet.

Congrats.
Fastest colour too !
Why do you need mirror extenders ? Mine are fine .

Perfect combo ,like me

5eee5ab8d0e81c35a10b34f733966d89.jpg

Congrats.
Fastest colour too !
Why do you need mirror extenders ? Mine are fine .

Perfect combo ,like me

5eee5ab8d0e81c35a10b34f733966d89.jpg

Because all I can see is my shoulders. Have you tried the windscreen visor yet. Oh, that lock I got was a real good find.

Back
Top Bottom