Base/Mid-layers: Merino vs Outlast

Thanks all, I'll give the merino a try then, probably either Rukka or Icebreaker, but will definitely be avoiding ^^^those^^^ pants! :barf

i have a pair of merino socks from mountain warehouse.

They are just like the day i purchased them although they have been sat in the original packaging for the last 7 years not used:D

More like:

d486888febc7b82c47227d64767dcd9b.jpg

Being black they were bikermate approved.

Halvarssons offers several base layers made from Merino and Outlast combined (e.g., their Comfort and Light Wool ranges). I highly recommend them from first-hand experience. Good stuff!

icebreaker ..tried them all, worth every penny

No one has mentioned Edz stuff. I have a few items (long sleeved top, neck warmer, leggings) and my wife, son and daughter all do too. We love the stuff. But never tried Icebreaker, to be fair. Edz do sales every now and again. Wait & stock up then, is my advice

I like Icebreaker Merino base layers for the winter.

But for the summer, Mountain Warehouse have the excellent "Isocool" t-shirts which can be had for under a tenner. You really can't go wrong with them.

Just done a 100 odd mile ride. Wore Proskins base layers, worked really well. Still warm, but not uncomfortable. Great for summer riding.

Back
Top Bottom