EXPORTING ROUTE FROM MYROUTE (ANDROID SAMSUNG) TO NAV 6

I have been planning my route to Turkey on my PC using MR. I have been playing around with the different maps and features using the MR video guides and also all the various tips etc in these threads.

I will be taking my Samsung phone and Samsung tablet with me. Therein lies my problem. The connector app will not work with neither my phone nor my tablet.

I have no problem exporting from my PC. As such I am assuming that it is a windows problem? I have tried the MR help site but cannot find any reference to this. From all the threads I have read on UKGSER in the MR forum I cannot find a reference to this issue either. Is this because so far all everyone on this MR forum are Apple users? I am hoping this is not the case and someone out there can they help me with a solution??

Once I have planned my whole Turkey route on my PC I can export it this way, however I want to be able to plot other routes while on my travels if needs be hence my need to resolve the android issue if possible.

Any help and advice that you can give will as always be much appreciated. Thanks.

unless someone says different but I am fairly confident

There are only 2 ways to get gpx files onto a Nav 5/6

1. Plug it into a pc with a wire and export from mra (or similar) or drag the file over in explorer
2. Sit beside your mate and he can share it from his garmin nav as Wapping said (but you need to get it onto his nav first somehow)

This is not much use if making up routes while away as you have to bring a laptop

I bought a very small cheap laptop from a mate for £40

unless someone says different but I am fairly confident

There are only 2 ways to get gpx files onto a Nav 5/6

1. Plug it into a pc with a wire and export from mra (or similar) or drag the file over in explorer
2. Sit beside your mate and he can share it from his garmin nav as Wapping said (but you need to get it onto his nav first somehow)

This is not much use if making up routes while away as you have to bring a laptop

I bought a very small cheap laptop from a mate for £40
Hi DR26 Yes that is what I have now done. I bought a small Lenovo lap top and have completed transferring all routes for my trip (12) via a usb cable. The laptop is not much bigger than my tablet and very light. Also using a mouse etc makes route plotting a lot easier.

I talked to the Garmin bods at the NEC show about this. They were categoric that the Garmin Drive app won’t work with the BMW Navigators…

HI Richard Following the reply I got from MR (see above). I replied saying that the Nav6 doesn't talk with Drive and their reply stated similar to what you have said.

Here is their reply:-
​I thank you for the additional information. I will note this, and hopefully they will resolve this soon!
​I hope the second option works for you!

Kind regards,
Benjamin van Donkelaar
Customer Support expert

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom