XT saved trips re routing.

Keith Chapman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I ran a map update on my XT recently, ( possibly the first map update I have done since importing any routes) now all my saved trips are re-calculating when I open them. Is there a setting somewhere that will stop this happening?

My only option that I can see, is to delete the route and re import from my mapping software.

Yes, for example, a nice A road route to Ashby De La Zuch from Amersham now routes via M25 and M1. and a route to Bristol now goes via M4 !!

Well, deleting and re-importing my saved trips worked and they open without recalculating. So all is good, but I do wonder what will happen when the next map update arrives.

Well in least you use your saved trips every day, re importing when you want to use one doesn't seem too much hassle. My routes are in MRA and via the Garmin drive takes about a minute to import them again. But I do agree it is annoying :)

Yes, for example, a nice A road route to Ashby De La Zuch from Amersham now routes via M25 and M1. and a route to Bristol now goes via M4 !!
this happens on older devices such as 660 and 590, it can be a bit of a pain when the device decides to recalc before importing a route anyway and
I find that whenever I do update to maps, I make sure I re-calc any routes currently in use or planned to be used on PC so I can check to make sure garmin has not changed them, its easier to spot on PC. Then import into device...or the sd card.

Back
Top Bottom