Tyre plug advise

Semi useful video since I'm not really sure the test method was so great.

I'd like to have seen the TipTop figure of eight shaped plug tested. I would suggest they are one notch down from the permanent fix, followed by the rope.

The figure of eight shaped plug uses the vulcanising glue as it's lubricant when inserting. Easily lasts the life of the tyre with almost zero affect on balancing.

I have both the figure of eight plugs AND the ropes in my kit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stop n go uses no glue ; it relies on a silicone type lubricant and expansion of the very expandable plug. Very important to ream the hole and give it a very good tug afterwards .
I’ve used Stop n Go 5 times now , twice this year .

Personally I use the stop n go tyre plug if I can. Only use sticky string if it’s an odd angle or shaped hole. I imagine the buffoon in the utube video Gets a kick back of some sort for pushing the preferred solution

Yes indeed ; Stop n go cannot possibly come out , no way , stopped by the expanding collar of the mushroom . A very well aimed pointed spike could push it inwards , but the odds on that would be incredible.

The issue with the stop & go is the silicone lubricant. It ensures there is zero bonding/adhesion to the tyre. It's basically relying on it's soft, pliable state to conform enough to plug the hole, which of course it's working in many scenarios. It's just the least long lasting compared with the others - tho I guess, removal and replacing with a permanent fix is made easier if that's your intention!

I actually have Stop & Go in my kit also. But it's my last choice... Like to have options if I'm unlucky enough to get stuck somewhere and these kids weigh nothing

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom