simon and lisa need our help again!

Bonkers

this is the situation at the moment PLEASE can anyone help!

Have you had any emails from L&S telling you about the latest catastrophe????
Their Insurer, Campbell Irvine, has given them an ultimatum....."Come home 7 days from this Tueday or we cut you off...no more cover...and no cash repaid even though you still have 6 months of your premium to run".
The op: and hospital cover has been paid...thank goodness, but NObody can understand how C.I. can do this!!!!

So this is a call for help from that "grapevine" your 'biker friends have.....is anybody out there with knowledge of a good insurer?
Lisa and Simon need one right now. Any email from ANYone may help.
Lisa has been really very sick these last few days but they WERE going to do a video link up yesterday for B.M.W. to replace the Presentation they were booked for. Poor kids ,they were so looking forward to being in a top-notch hotel for 2 days!
It seems things just can't get any worse...hope I am not tempting fate!!!

The big piece in the Western Morning News (Fri I think) was v. good...also from the "2" journal.

Can the insurer cancel the contract mid stream if they knew all the facts at point of sale ? What has caused insurer to change mind ?

no one knows thier resons it seems they can do what the damb well want and we have to pick up the pieces as we go so any help please please or they have to come home.

Someone here is bound to have a connection to the BBC or the other UK channels News rooms. I am sure that they would be most interested in this 'story'.

Sometimes these things can embarrass these so called insurers into doing the right thing.

Please, please help these guys... not much time left.

Am I missing something here? Simon has been diagnosed with a broken neck, a life threatening condition and the idea of him continuing to ride an overland adventure has become too big a risk for their insurance company to continue underwriting that risk.

In the event of the same occuring to me I'd expect my insurers to cover my emergency medical bills and when the doctors say I am ready for repatriation home to repatriate me.

Repeat he has not split a finger nail here he has had vertebrae in his neck plated which will take a significant amount of time to heal and rehabilitate to avoid long term damage - are they really being unreasonable?

Their adventures have been incredible, their record of it via the website awe inspiring and I have enjoyed it greatly but at what personal cost would I like to encourage them further, paralysis? permanent life disability? or worse? They are a beautiful young couple who I know and care for deeply and it may sound selfish but I would rather see them postpone their adventures and make sure Simon get's the best medical and rehabilitive care possible then return to complete the unfinished business another day.

on adv rider they have been saying simalar. leave bikes with BWM SP and come home, repair, regroup THEN head back and finnish off journey

judge said:
Am I missing something here? Simon has been diagnosed with a broken neck, a life threatening condition and the idea of him continuing to ride an overland adventure has become too big a risk for their insurance company to continue underwriting that risk.

In the event of the same occuring to me I'd expect my insurers to cover my emergency medical bills and when the doctors say I am ready for repatriation home to repatriate me.

Repeat he has not split a finger nail here he has had vertebrae in his neck plated which will take a significant amount of time to heal and rehabilitate to avoid long term damage - are they really being unreasonable?

Their adventures have been incredible, their record of it via the website awe inspiring and I have enjoyed it greatly but at what personal cost would I like to encourage them further, paralysis? permanent life disability? or worse? They are a beautiful young couple who I know and care for deeply and it may sound selfish but I would rather see them postpone their adventures and make sure Simon get's the best medical and rehabilitive care possible then return to complete the unfinished business another day.

Once again, Judge the voice of sense.

Simon and Lisa, please come home, get better and start again.....a tough thought after all you have done, but Number One first then everything else.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know even if it accomodation somewhere.

Thanks, Nick

Hi All,

I´m sat in an internet cafe with Fritz and Bev, and can´t believe what we´ve read!

We all agree with the comments that the Judge has made regarding them coming home, but I think it´s not an easy decision to make after all they have been through. We can´t for the life of us think of anything we can do at this end to help....but if anyone come´s up with anything we´ll do our bit to help!

If Simon & lisa are reading this get in contact and let us know how things develop or if we can help in any way..

All the best

Nik, Fritz & Bev

info on Simon neck

Hi all,

JUst wanted to say thanks for the kind words and thoughts etc.

Mmm the problem with our insurers. Thought I'd take a second and clarify this:

Our insurers have stated they wish to repatriate me in order to reduce further cost in Brazil, however, as far as my surgeons are concerned there should be no further cost as the surgery and the titanium plate have secured any weakness and in many ways my neck is now stronger than it was before. There will be little physio as no muscle atrophy took place and right now I'll only need aprox' 4 weeks recouperation whilst the swelling settles. When that's done I should be fine. Our insurers have made decisions without even having recieved the full medical report from our specialst here.

The medical treatment and expertise we've recieved here has been world class.

On a slightly different note: We fully expected the insurer's to re-write the terms of our insurance. No insurer will offer cover for ongoing medical conditions and we wouldn't expect these guys to or any other insurer we accept cover from in the future.

But we didn't expect...'come home we don't want to cover you anymore'. There is nothing to gain in us flying home. Rest and simple recouperation can be done easily in Brazil. We'll wait and see what happens?

We're only a bit peeved as after paying these guys for 3 years over £1,000 a year, we make one claim, expose them to some liability and they want to cancell our insurance...outright, they've not even spoken to us!

Hope that clarifies things a little.

All the best
Simon T :beer:

worldwide insurance

hi simon

these chaps have insured me for various trips and will cover helicoper rescue in the himalayas and coverd me for sailing across the atlantic.
top people,may be able to help you out

website
http://www.worldwideinsure.com/

best of luck

nobby

Oi Frankenstein,

I've had two bikes stolen and each time on payout the insurer's have cancelled the remaining policy and forced me to start again a new premium, that sucked too. Inswerance companies are just Dick Turpins without the masks!

So what does the wording say exactly pertaining to your medical claim? Does it say they can cancel? Does it say in what circumstances they can cancel your policy and what proportion of your premium they can withold?

Armed with this information some of the clever buggers on here can give their views and insights.

And no you can't convince me you are alright as you had no brain to make that decision :dabone

A little something heading your and Lisa's way, not for fuel and tyres, fek that it's for grapes and downtime :D - fek up again and I'll come over there and kick your sorry arse right back here. :nono

Your loving friend,

Judgeypoos :hug

so simon can you restart your policy with them or are they saying you have no choice but to come home before they do anything else with you?

Glynn,

if we decided not to come home then they simply cancel our insurance. If we go home the insurance is stopped as they have fullfilled their contractual obligations.

One of our problems is that if (only if) we come back, we'd have to stay with friends and family as our house is rented out long term. Our second problem is then finding the money to fly us both back out to Brazil once I'm fully recovered. The flights aren't cheap.

Andy they'res a PM comming your way or is it Judgepoos from now on :thumb

Best wishes
Simon T :beer:

judge said:
Inswerance companies are just Dick Turpins without the masks!

Yep.

Simon & Lisa - yer on the spot and hopefully have all the information. You could try ringing the insurance comp and reasoning with them? Other than that - get another policy elsewhere. Before the old one is cancelled - so you can truthfully fill it out - "Have you ever had a policy cancelled or refused?"

Please take care.

Back
Top Bottom