Seasonal Road Closures

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need of help!

I’m trying to plan a route to go over the Col du Great St Bernard from Martigy to Aosta. Only have the sat nav with me no laptop and it seems to refuse to route o er the pass. It’s open as far as I’m aware, how can I tell the Zumo to ignore the seasonal road closures? Has taken my most of the afternoon to realise this, almost threw the thing at the wall!

Thanks

Er? There is only one way up to the Col/lake & one way down to the Aosta Valley, but it is usually closed October to June, during maintenance work or whenever the weather is sufficiently inclement up top.

The nav will probably sort itself out once it realises you aren't using the tunnel.

What a ride it is too, a bit rough in places, but spectacular. Enjoy.

Nope, right up until the col and in fact when I was on the pass the Zumo was insistent that it was closed, shown in red on the unit, thought at one point I must be in the tunnel, weird, once on the other side (north) all was well. Something not right.

Aside from that, yes a spectacular ride

I have had the same problem today... Garmin Sumo 590 says roads are closed and wants me to do massive detours but Cols i am using are open - does anyone know how you can tell a 590 to ignore seasonal road closures - its turned off for me in BaseCamp but planning on the fly on the unit i can't seem to find the option to turn it off?

I have had the same problem today... Garmin Sumo 590 says roads are closed and wants me to do massive detours but Cols i am using are open - does anyone know how you can tell a 590 to ignore seasonal road closures - its turned off for me in BaseCamp but planning on the fly on the unit i can't seem to find the option to turn it off?

Is it the traffic data that your 590 is using that is saying it's closed? I've had a zumo saying a road was closed, because of faulty traffic information, when it wasn't, and that really got it into U-turn mode.

I need of help!

I’m trying to plan a route to go over the Col du Great St Bernard from Martigy to Aosta. Only have the sat nav with me no laptop and it seems to refuse to route o er the pass. It’s open as far as I’m aware, how can I tell the Zumo to ignore the seasonal road closures? Has taken my most of the afternoon to realise this, almost threw the thing at the wall!

Thanks

The coast road is currently closed at Burton Bradstock. Might be worth not starting in that direction. :aidan

Back
Top Bottom