Noisy starting and worn teeth

KTM-AL

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have had another look in to the noisy starting of my 2001 1150GS with 37000 miles . There are a few worn teeth on the flywheel so it looks like a replacement is required.
f7HroeHl.jpg

dXXOziql.jpg

changed mine recently as it was whining. 48000 miles. orn, same as yours. £65 e bay part. Not sure on labour a I didn't do it..

I had a bolt come out of the starter on mine causing the tops to get chewed off just like that. I pulled off the flywheel, went around and carefully mig-welded all of the tops then filed them back into shape. That must have been 30-40k miles ago now and it's still going strong at 112k miles.

I had a bolt come out of the starter on mine causing the tops to get chewed off just like that. I pulled off the flywheel, went around and carefully mig-welded all of the tops then filed them back into shape. That must have been 30-40k miles ago now and it's still going strong at 112k miles.

That was a good work around Pete. I haven't done mine yet, all the new bits are here, its sitting on the ramp waiting for a free day to do it and now for it to cool down a tad .

Back
Top Bottom