Bikes in a van - success!

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, we’re now here en France, with 3 people and 3 bikes in the van.

We travelled on the Eurotunnel. The journey down was easy with no delays despite 15 miles
of closed lanes on the M20. This meant we were early, checking in at 11am for a 12.50 train. They moved us up to an 11.50 train, but despite heading straight through we got on the 12.30 due to delays for no reason I could see. It didn’t seem very busy.

They were pulling about 1 vehicle in
3 for a customs check, luckily we didn’t get pulled. However, it does mean we haven’t done a proper test since no one checked the van and therefore the 3 bikes in the back.

Tomorrow onwards to the Massif Central and the first leg of the trip on bikes starts on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trail or road riding, hopefully making a long overdue return to France for some trail riding in the autumn.

Trail riding, I made a loop from near Clermont Ferrand, down to Carcassone, over to Aubenas then St Etienne, then back to Clermont, from the TET and some other trails to make the link up.

Very much hoping it’s going to get a bit cooler!

Trail riding, I made a loop from near Clermont Ferrand, down to Carcassone, over to Aubenas then St Etienne, then back to Clermont, from the TET and some other trails to make the link up.

Very much hoping it’s going to get a bit cooler!

That’s quite a loop on trails!

I’ll take some pics. Today it’s cooler, up to 35c yesterday now late teens. Today we should get to Clermont in plenty of time to get the bikes out of the van ready for tomorrow.

Here’s the bike on a shakedown run on Salisbury Plain

a570dc364dddc0f15ce3dc339ed40e20.jpg

That's great, will look forward to updates of your trip.

Posting in the trip reports section

Back
Top Bottom