Ear buds

Do you mean in-ear monitors, as in tiny speakers built into earplugs ??

I have had three sets of Ultimate Hearing custom moulded in-ear monitors over the years. Whilst comfortable and with incredible sound at low volumes and no external noise, I had multiple speaker failures /speaker cable breaks despite taking great care. At £170 a pop, I can no longer justify buying another set despite how really good they are. I appreciate that custom made kit isn't cheap, but it needs to be a little more robust for me personally.

My current crash helmet has built-in comms but no 3.5mm socket for in-ear monitors so I use soft earplugs with the comms turned up to max. Its crap in comparison to how my old setup was.

I did buy some "Pinlock" ear plugs that let sounds through, but they were agony after an hour of wearing. I now have Auritech earplugs that do the same but are way more comfortable.

I hope this helps.

Not ear plugs, ear buds for listening to music. Just wanted to know about fit under helmet and comfort.

I tried wearing my Apple Ear Pods Pro under my helmet - but they fell out every time I took the helmet off, so I gave up on that idea.

Not ear plugs, ear buds for listening to music. Just wanted to know about fit under helmet and comfort.

Your head, your ears, your helmet. Not sure how anyone else can know.

Shure SE215 or their more expensive models. Good sound and excellent noise damping. Fits securely and different tips are available for different ear canals.

Hi had the same problem with Neotec 2 search on Adventure Bike rider (I think) details of a mod to fit 3.5 jack had mine altered two years ago to use with ulimate ear works a treat

Shure SE215 or their more expensive models. Good sound and excellent noise damping. Fits securely and different tips are available for different ear canals.
Same here, bought 5 yrs ago for bike use. They work great with my packtalk bold

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I got the guys at "Custom fit guards" to take a mould and went with the CF dual drivers and a pass through filter for some outside noise. I also opted for a short lead, 20cm from the Y joint in the cable. Not cheap, in the region of £215 but the sound quality is outstanding, the volume is almost turned down to its lowest setting on my Cardo bold. The full range of tones are fantastic. Not in any way uncomfortable to wear. I did an 1100 mile journey in under 22hrs without any discomfort. Good luck with your search :beerjug:

I got the guys at "Custom fit guards" to take a mould and went with the CF dual drivers and a pass through filter for some outside noise. I also opted for a short lead, 20cm from the Y joint in the cable. Not cheap, in the region of £215 but the sound quality is outstanding, the volume is almost turned down to its lowest setting on my Cardo bold. The full range of tones are fantastic. Not in any way uncomfortable to wear. I did an 1100 mile journey in under 22hrs without any discomfort. Good luck with your search :beerjug:

Thanks for the info - just ordered the same. :thumb2

Yes - would definitely go for the more expensive monitor options - I had the basic ones which are are OK for talking - but not great for listening to music

Back
Top Bottom