Tough exhaust pipe spray paint

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys, I’ve just pulled the exhausts pipes off my R80r, they are a bit tired looking, I was gonna polish them up using solvol autosol and kitchen foil, but now I’m thinking I’ll spray them up in HT Matt or low gloss black.
Can anyone recommend a really good tough high temperature exhaust aerosol paint?

No paint will last forever even if your prep is perfect. By the very nature of the way it is heat resistant it will eventually let corrosion through. Ceramic coated finishes are the way to go but come at a price that may not suit you. If you decide on paint here are many VHT paints in the auto trade but I’ve had just as good results with BBQ paint from a DIY store.

In the past I have had 2 sets of V8 headers that I made from mild steel tubing finished in Cermachrome ceramic coating both sets started to rust after a year.
Customers were not happy and the company that applied it did not want to know. This was many years ago so the ceramic coatings may well have improved.
BBQ paint I purchased some from Wilco`s and followed the instructions to oven it, fortunately the parts fitted in the workshop oven, the results were excellent.

Back
Top Bottom