TFT Average Fuel Consumption Problem

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This question is for a GSA registered on 1 March 2022

Both the Fuel Consumption 1 (Average) & Fuel Consumption 2 (Average) automatically reset when parked over night on the Status Line and the My Vehicle Start Screen. The automatic reset is not ticked in the on board computer (I believe this would reset the on board computer after 6 hours or if the date had changed)

I've looked though the manual to see if there is any mention of over-riding this as I like to log my MPG when I am on tour and can't find anything.

Have I missed something or could it be a fault? If I can't find a solution I'll mention it to my dealer at it's 6k service next month.

Thanks in advance

Mike

I think it's a bug... Mine does something similar, in that the OBC average is definitely not a long term average since I owned the bike, whereas all the other OBC readings are from day 0. The OBC MPG seems to always be close to whatever the Trip Computer displays, but not always exactly the same. I have the Trip on automatic reset.

My TFT had a bug (January 2021) in not showing riding mode on the screen. Took it to the dealer and mothership replied that there must have been a bug during the factory firmware installation. So they told the dealer to reinstall the firmware, which they did, and now everything is ok.

Many thanks for the above replies

I'll have a word with Jefferies before my service next month

Mike

My 2018 1200GS randomly resets the consumption 1 perhaps every couple of weeks. About twice as frequently as it needs re-pairing with my Sena comms. Oddly it never forgets my mobile, just the helmet.

I also have an F850GS and have set the TFT to the same settings as the 1250GSA. The fuel consumption display works perfectly on the 850.

The 1250 is booked in for a service early next month when they will take a look at it. Been warned a software update would take between 20 minutes and 5 hours! Not a problem as I have a demo for the day!

Mike

UPDATE

I've been to the dealer today and they must have a way of checking the TFT functions as they've confirmed its faulty

Unfortunately they don't know what to do about it and have created a 'Tsara' with BMW to decide what to do

Mike

Reinstalling the firmware will solve it, you'll see. In my case they also opened the case with BMW in Germany and the response was to reinstall the firmware. They did and it solved my problem.

Been on your for a couple of weeks so didn't chase this up

Just been informed that BMW have given permission to change the YFT

Ironic thing is that it has worked perfectly for the last couple of weeks whilst on tour

Mike

Back
Top Bottom