Doc & Jayne's trip to the Netherlands

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i asked about this area a while ago so decided on where we are going and booked it today sailing out Sat 16th July and staying in Den Helder for five nights.
Looks a nice Hotel
https://grandhotelbeatrix.nl/
Looks to be plenty of places to visit and we can get on the ferry to visit the island of Texel.

Looks to be plenty of places to visit and we can get on the ferry to visit the island of Texel.

We used to go on an annual trip to Harlingen, get pissed in the local bars, sleep on a sailing barge and in the morning, sail said barge to the island of Terschelling.
Get pissed again in a bar with a stage and an aging Dutch rock star and sail it back to the mainland on the Sunday.
Happy days :)

Attachments

• barge1.jpg
    barge1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 688
We used to go on an annual trip to Harlingen, get pissed in the local bars, sleep on a sailing barge and in the morning, sail said barge to the island of Terschelling.
Get pissed again in a bar with a stage and an aging Dutch rock star and sail it back to the mainland on the Sunday.
Happy days :)
As I said earlier, it's one big holiday for you!!!!
At least I'm retired!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

As I said earlier, it's one big holiday for you!!!!

It is now :) Also retired.

I had the snip at 33 to stop "things" getting in the way of what WE wanted to do.
Its panned out quite well :D

i asked about this area a while ago so decided on where we are going and booked it today sailing out Sat 16th July and staying in Den Helder for five nights.
Looks a nice Hotel
https://grandhotelbeatrix.nl/

When you get to Texel, make sure to eat some of the sheep. Preferably the young ones. They are very tasty.

I was going to say give my regards to the Gas Terminal but you are on the wrong side of the polder for that. Wel Geluik.

Trip starts tomorrow. First stop a surprise visit to see my Mam & Dad in Norfolk then up for the ferry Saturday. Hope they are at home ;). Going to ride down the coast from Hunstanton to Cromer and pick up some crabs.:D for dinner.

Attachments

• 20220713_045804.jpg
    20220713_045804.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 478
That coast road is a bit of a bone shaker! :eek: Mind the pot holes. :blast.
The last time me and a few mates rode it the two on Tuono’s couldn’t keep up with the 3 GS’s despite being quicker bikes.
Have a great trip! :thumb2

Have a great trip Doc. Polly used to live in Holland and knew that area a bit - the only part of the country that isn't all built up I believe?

That coast road is a bit of a bone shaker! :eek: Mind the pot holes. :blast.
The last time me and a few mates rode it the two on Tuono’s couldn’t keep up with the 3 GS’s despite being quicker bikes.
Have a great trip! :thumb2

Cheers pal i usually go down that way when on the bike.

Have a great trip Doc. Polly used to live in Holland and knew that area a bit - the only part of the country that isn't all built up I believe?

It does look nice although someone mentioned the roads are a bit boring. I wont be bored on holiday on the bike.

Enjoy. Mention of Texel jogged a faint memory. One of the last actions of WW2. https://georgianjournal.ge/society/...s-told-by-its-only-surviving-participant.html

Thanks pete i will have a read of that.

Don't forget to take your key fob Doc...!

..........and have a great trip.

I'm off to Switzerland on the RKS on Saturday :thumb

Back
Top Bottom